User Fuel Logs - where is it?

Submitted: Friday, Apr 25, 2014 at 07:55
ThreadID: 107445 Views:1328 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Many years ago, there was somewhere on this site that you could log your fuel usage for any trek that you completed. It was a great reference to estimate potential fuel requirements.

I have searched but can't locate it, does it still exist?

Thanks
Phil P
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Friday, Apr 25, 2014 at 08:16

Friday, Apr 25, 2014 at 08:16
Phil,

Open a Trek Note and look in the preperation tab of that trek note at the bottom is fuel usage figures, I think they have now averaged the usages. If you do a Review of the trek note others will be able to see what fuel usage you had also :)

Cheers Kev

Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 531148

Reply By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Friday, Apr 25, 2014 at 08:36

Friday, Apr 25, 2014 at 08:36
Are you sure that it's a good idea to rely on someone else's fuel usage. Maybe that's why there hasn't been much emphasis on other's fuel usage logs. I never use them myself.

We all drive differently and have different usage for even the same car and weight. Also what's on the roof and different tyres make a big difference as well. For any trip that I have made I take the worst usage that I have got on a similar trip, added 10% and use that.

As an example for myself only; For any desert, high country or hard going trip, it's always 20 Lt per hundred kilometers. And for bitumen or hard dirt roads, I use 17 Lt per hundred. I always err on the side of safety. Eg for our upcoming Canning trip it's 20 lt per hundred K's.

My wife gets a good 10-15% better usage than I do!!!

Phil
AnswerID: 531151

Follow Up By: Member - PhilD_NT - Friday, Apr 25, 2014 at 11:06

Friday, Apr 25, 2014 at 11:06
I thought my nickname was "Leadfoot".
FollowupID: 814179

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Friday, Apr 25, 2014 at 11:15

Friday, Apr 25, 2014 at 11:15
Phil,

Have a look under Members - Fileswap - Checklist and Planners
A few to choose from.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 531169

Sponsored Links