Binns Track advice

I'm planning a trip along the Binns Track from Timber Creek to Alice Springs in July. I am seeking information on whether the track is suitable for travelling with a slide-on camper. It is a pop-top style with the bed over the cabin. It is on a 2008 Ford Ranger single cab tray back ute. It is 2.06 metres wide.

I have purchased the track notes book for the Binns Track, but there doesn't appear to be enough information to decide whether the track has sections that would be too steep or have side angles that may be too much for such a load.

I would appreciate any advice. Tenting instead is not a big issue. But if track is suitable, would prefer to take the slide-on.

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michaeljp - Saturday, Apr 26, 2014 at 18:33

Saturday, Apr 26, 2014 at 18:33
If your ranger is a 4WD it will be fine. There is nothing difficult along the Binns track for a 4WD. 2WD might find some river beds trouble.
AnswerID: 531275

Reply By: OBJ - Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 08:08

Sunday, Apr 27, 2014 at 08:08
We travelled the Binns Track last year from Mt Dare to Tennant Creek. You should have no difficulty at all. Geoff at Mt Dare said it should be renamed the Binns Tourist Track :) There were a couple of rocky spells, but nothing that you would not expect to encounter on a weekend 4WD trip anywhere.

It is a really good track,and you will come across some terrific country and some rreally good tracks, especially around Alice Springs.

Enjoy!!!

OBJ
AnswerID: 531308

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Monday, Apr 28, 2014 at 09:33

Monday, Apr 28, 2014 at 09:33
Jason,

I've done the top part of the Binns Track many years ago, in a Holden ute, from Timber Ck to Tennant Creek.

Shouldn't have any dramas.

Bob.

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 531402

Sponsored Links