Three bikes lost in Simpson

Submitted: Monday, Apr 28, 2014 at 08:27
ThreadID: 107504 Views:2394 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
This Thread has been Locked
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: olcoolone - Monday, Apr 28, 2014 at 09:02

Monday, Apr 28, 2014 at 09:02
I'm sure there are going to be many comments ranging from how stupid to inexperienced...... but what it highlights is PLB and EPIRB's are great to have but people travelling by then selves or in groups should consider other forms of long distance communications when travelling in the out back.

PLB and EPIRB's are treated by some as the only thing you need for contacting the outside world if something goes pear shaped and it's all you need....... it's been said many times on this forum by some.

I'm sure the emergency workers would of liked to know what was wrong and what they were up against, helping them determine what was required...... and being able to make contact sooner would of been a godsend for the families involved saving a lot of distress.

Now if they had a sat phone; one in their party could of called providing information on the incidence and the cause of the emergency.
AnswerID: 531396

Reply By: ModSquad - Monday, Apr 28, 2014 at 09:29

Monday, Apr 28, 2014 at 09:29
Hi

There is already a thread on this subject (albeit only 6 minutes prior :) but to avoid confusion/repeat comments etc will lock this one. Any further discussion here ..Thanks

Cheers
The ModSquad
Moderation is just rules

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 531401

Sponsored Links