Cameron Corner to Broken Hill

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 30, 2014 at 11:30
ThreadID: 107540 Views:1670 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I'm intending to travel from Cameron Cnr to Broken Hill via Theldarpa, Pine View along the border fence to Silverton and onto Broken Hill in the last two weeks of August. Not being a experienced 4x4er although well set-up, is there any problems in transversing this route. I do have the email address of several stations along this route but was wondering of any pitfalls and what type of weather conditions to expect his time of year -- garry r
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: allein m - Wednesday, Apr 30, 2014 at 18:08

Wednesday, Apr 30, 2014 at 18:08
I just posted and lost the post ok try number 2

It is hard to say the road is closed today after rain and I have no idea what it will be like in August

check with Broken Hill tourist site just before hand to see if road is open

I have done the trip several times by car nice trip
AnswerID: 531529

Reply By: Member - Mike - Wednesday, Apr 30, 2014 at 22:07

Wednesday, Apr 30, 2014 at 22:07
Hi Garry
You should have no problems travelling this track in August - as mentioned check track conditions prior to departure from Cameron Corner - a little bit of rain can cause very slippery conditions - also your passenger will get a good work out opening & closing gates gates on the way - take the time to enjoy this great part of Corner Country
Cheers 4 now
Mike

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 531542

Follow Up By: 489 - Thursday, May 01, 2014 at 15:18

Thursday, May 01, 2014 at 15:18
thanks for your input. I,ve just emailed Pine View Station as I believe that the track along the dog fence is on their property, and hope that permission will be granted for this section otherwise I have to take an alternate route. Their station offers a lot as I do a bit of photography, thats why we would like to stay a bit and enjoy their hospitality. thanks garry/judy
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 814615

Sponsored Links