Kimberley Camping and Outback Supplies - Broome

Submitted: Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 08:04
ThreadID: 108003 Views:1833 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Great Customer Service and a good business to visit when in Broome.

I wandered into Kimberley Camping seeking a possible replacement Versalite camp light after mine had stopped working.
Spoke to Matt, one of the business owners and the price of a new light was not bad, considering Broome's remoteness.
I mentioned the earth lead had parted company with the body of the light and I had no idea where it was meant to go.

Matt said if I brought it in he would have a look and as it was in the car outside, I went and got it. The earth lead was relocated in the correct position and Matt said to let him know if it worked. It sure did.

I could have been sold a new light but a little bit of good old customer service and some knowledge of the product fixed the fault and I was a happy camper again.

I dragged my mate in the next day as he was considering a new Rod/Reel outfit before our venture to Middle Lagoon on Cape LeVeque. He spent up big so we managed to return the favour somewhat.

Good service deserves loud praise and to Matt Anderson and staff at Kimberley Camping & Outback Supplies, thank you very much.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Mick O - Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 08:15

Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 08:15
Always a very busy place in June-July Bill. It’s usually my first port of call to pick up bits and pieces I have forgotten, broken or need after extracting ourselves from the desert. Had to pick up a couple of tarps, some water containers and a few cheap work shirts last year.

The funny thing about the place is if you are wandering about in the store for more than an hour, you’ll meet somebody you know from back east who is also travelling about (and you had know idea they’d even retired lol). Has happened to me three times in four visits now.

Hope you enjoying the sun up there.

Safe travels, Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 533363

Reply By: Derek Jones - Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 11:10

Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 11:10
Ditto - have dropped in there too on our regular trips north. Stock levels usually great, prices very reasonable and service amazing.

AnswerID: 533374

Sponsored Links