Comment: EOTrackMe

I have only done one trek using EOTrackMe so I'm very much a novice. On the trek I did record some points by hitting the 'log a single point' button. I thought somehow this would highlight this point somewhere, but it doesn't actually do anything that I can see. I have downloaded via CSV from the EO trek page, all the points and looked at them in excel. I can't tell the difference between automatically generated points and the points I "logged a single point" with.
Is there some way of highlighting the single points? Am I expecting too much from this system at this young point in its development? Do I have the correct idea of what the 'log a single point' button does?
Looking back, the only way I could tell if I logged a single point would be if I compared the time a point was logged with say a time I wrote in a trip journal or something, which kinda defeats the purpose of having an electronic trip like EOTrackMe!
So far the EOTrackMe has worked ok. There are some funny things that happen due to the electronic nature of phones, phone coverage and reporting back when you look at the trek but you can certainly see pretty well where I went in and around Hill End NSW for the first EOTrackMe test trek. For example we started off having a drive on the bridle track down to the river, got to the river then returned back. We drove along the same winding dirt road both down and up but the electronic map shows differently. This will probably be due to the settings for collecting gps points or sending the points back to EO or something I expect. Most people will get the idea of where we went!
One of the uses I had for the 'logging a single point' was to log future prospective camping spots, or logging spots suitable for rest stops or toilets etc, especially if you only travel a road once every few years. It will avoid the situation where you're sure there's a rest stop somewhere along here, but I don't know exactly where! Or gives you an answer when the kids ask, 'how long till the next toilet?' All you would need to do is mark these points on the first time you go that road, then next time you can see where these points are again compared to where you are on the map, or that's one of my ideas of how to use EOTrackMe anyway.
sdr00y

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links