Looking For Travel Mate & Co-Travellers - Depart Perth July

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 14, 2014 at 19:48
ThreadID: 108249 Views:1800 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Leaving Perth July to start 5 year exploration Australia. First stop Alice Springs then Mount Isa Rodeo (8-10 August) then outback NSW down to Bourke and then ??? - where ever the heart and mind decides. Have front passenger seat not in use if someone wants to jump in and share fuel, travel costs etc OR looking for co-travellers with own rig to join me in convoy all the way or part trips. Email me your introduction to me at boaboz.cotravellers@gmail.com My new rig is being set up for extreme off-road. I am experienced with 15 years Pilbara / Kimberley residence and driving.

I am intelligent, compassionate and living with a great sense of humour. 59 years old but 30 years young. Articulate conversationalist with a range of interests. Not handsome and not a Greek God but not too unpleasant to look at. More of a bushie than a city gentleman. NOT interested in romantic or sexual relationships - ONLY platonic friendship and travel companionship.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kilcowera Station Stay - Sunday, Jun 15, 2014 at 06:55

Sunday, Jun 15, 2014 at 06:55
Sounds like a great trip, hope you get a companion to share the experience with. It's all well and good to go on your own but just occasionally you like to have someone to share the whole thing with. We have just had a lady here travelling on her own and I reckon sometimes she would get lonely. Probably a much loved dog would fill the gap! Safe driving, Toni.
AnswerID: 534384

Follow Up By: NeilM (On-The-Road) - Sunday, Jun 15, 2014 at 14:03

Sunday, Jun 15, 2014 at 14:03
Hello Kilcowera - Have to chuckle about your lonely lady comments “Probably a much loved dog would fill the gap” Hope you not suggesting I could be a “much loved dog” !! I want to stay-over at Cloncurry, Longreach, Birdsville and Toowoomba on my way to Brisbane and then continue outback NSW down to Bourke for our National Gathering at end-September. So I might just catch up with you en-route Birdsville to Toowoomba. Hope you have some more lonely lady travellers staying at Kilcowera – with or without “much loved dog” !! Neil
FollowupID: 818028

Follow Up By: Kilcowera Station Stay - Sunday, Jun 15, 2014 at 17:15

Sunday, Jun 15, 2014 at 17:15
Er, didn't mean to put you in the same league as the dog!!! But I am on my own a lot of the time and I am blessed to have 2 little dogs for company - and I adore them! So does the hubby! A dog is such a great companion all they want to do is love you and have your attention! Anyway drop in if your in the area, we look after our guests and lots of them have been back for a second or even a third visit bringing friends with them. The road is in pretty good order and the countryside looks pretty good too! Cheers Toni
FollowupID: 818040

Reply By: Ron N - Sunday, Jun 15, 2014 at 22:08

Sunday, Jun 15, 2014 at 22:08
Neil, have a search on Gumtree, under "Community" category.
Type in "rideshare" and a sub-menu of "rideshare and travel partners" comes up.
There's always a lot of backpackers looking for rides - but as an older bloke, you will probably find a lot of younger people want to ride with someone their own age. Good luck.
Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 534452

Follow Up By: NeilM (On-The-Road) - Monday, Jun 16, 2014 at 10:12

Monday, Jun 16, 2014 at 10:12
Thanks Ron for your suggestion. I have posted a couple of ads on Gumtree. I also checked out "Rideshare and Travel Partner" but almost all seem to want to go north west at this time of the year (I wonder why ??) or a lift on a quick trip directly to Melbourne or Sydney - not explorers !! Are you going to National Gathering ?Regards ... Neil
FollowupID: 818096

Follow Up By: Ron N - Monday, Jun 16, 2014 at 10:45

Monday, Jun 16, 2014 at 10:45
"almost all seem to want to go north west at this time of the year (I wonder why ??)"

Ha ha! I wonder why, too! Must be something worth going to in the North in Winter, eh?? [;-)

Nope, not going to any National Gathering. Been to the Gold Coast in April, back in Perth now, off to the Cocos Islands for most of July, back to Perth for a few days, then across to Cairns, and then back down to Gold Coast. Back home late August, and if it's still too cold, we'll head North for a couple of weeks, too!
I fly everywhere now, and rent 4WD's when I want one, it's cheaper than driving everywhere! I've spent a large part of my life living and working in those remote spots, where you blokes like to travel to, and I don't need to go there anymore! - particularly in Winter! [;-)

Cheers, Ron.
FollowupID: 818099

Sponsored Links