Video of CSR

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 28, 2004 at 08:09
ThreadID: 10862 Views:1323 Replies:3 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone know if there is a video of the CSR. We are travelling the CSR in early June and are considering the possibility of making one. Any suggestions of what people would like to see on such a video?
I have thought that besides footage of the most notable sights, maybe some footage of the track conditions (scenes of the vehicles crossing difficult dunes, Savoury Creek and the like) and perhaps some brief interviews with passing travellers (asking things like what troubles, difficulties they have had and what the highlights there have been for them).
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Saturday, Feb 28, 2004 at 09:01

Saturday, Feb 28, 2004 at 09:01
Yes we made a dvd/video last season of CSR and it will be out in a couple of weeks and we also have a cape york dvd/video.

All the best
EricCape York Connections
AnswerID: 48501

Follow Up By: Patsy - Saturday, Feb 28, 2004 at 13:00

Saturday, Feb 28, 2004 at 13:00
Thanks Eric
Where/when would I be able to view/purchase a copy? - I live in Tassie, and what content did it contain?
As far as I know, there has not been a video available before and I thought it would be handy for people who are considering the trip. Hence the thought of making one of our own. I only have a JVC 450x Digital Zoom but my hubby is a television director (who can do camera and edit much better than I) and we have a good editing package on our home computer (much faster than even the TV Station has). Even I was able to edit up the footage from our last trip to the Gulf/Kakadu into something worth watching by friends and family. (2 1/2 hours footage condensed into 15 minutes - so as not to bore the troops). There may only be a need to produce something for our own purposes now.
Patsy
FollowupID: 310342

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Saturday, Feb 28, 2004 at 14:16

Saturday, Feb 28, 2004 at 14:16
Eric,

If you offer wholesale terms we could be interested in stocking this in the Shop also.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
FollowupID: 310349

Follow Up By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Saturday, Feb 28, 2004 at 14:33

Saturday, Feb 28, 2004 at 14:33
David and patsy lifestyle video productions filmed the trips for us you could get in contact with him on 03 9790 0656 or 0418 502 169
He would be able to answer all your questions.

All the best
Eric Cape York Connections
FollowupID: 310350

Follow Up By: Patsy - Saturday, Feb 28, 2004 at 17:32

Saturday, Feb 28, 2004 at 17:32
Thanks for the information Eric. I will be sure to follow up.
Regards
Patsy
FollowupID: 310363

Follow Up By: Member - Gary - Saturday, Feb 28, 2004 at 20:13

Saturday, Feb 28, 2004 at 20:13
Patsy - What video edit package do have pls - GaryDead in the City - Alive in the Bush
FollowupID: 310383

Follow Up By: Patsy - Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 06:56

Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 06:56
Hi Gary
The edit package we have is "Pinnacle Studio version 7 special edition". I bought it for around $179.00. Version 8 is now out but version 7 is good enough (leaves the one that came with our computer (Windows XP with Microsoft XP) for dead. You do need a lot of RAM though. Ours has 512MB. Our old computer only had 93MB and did not have what it took to render the edited movie once put together). As with everything to do with computers, as soon as you buy something, it is superceded by a higher version - Patsy
FollowupID: 310422

Reply By: Member - Gary - Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 20:47

Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 20:47
Patsy - Thanks for that. I use Ulead Media Studio Pro 6.5 with Ulead Cool 3D for titling. I imported from USA with a saving of about $300 on aussie price. And that was when the $ was about 50c. It is an excellent package. The only problem I have is having the time to edit all the stuff I have from our travels. Oh well One day - GaryDead in the City - Alive in the Bush
AnswerID: 48680

Follow Up By: Patsy - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 18:37

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 18:37
Hi Gary
Sounds like you got a good package too. Ours too has titling abilities and overlays. With the video I put together, I managed to keep what sound track suited and put the rest to music (there are all types to choose from but I elected to use music from our own CD collection). I was able to insert a separate title page, title overlays for the different areas we visited and had a wide range of transitions to insert between frames. I was also able to split frames. Of the 2 hr 20 odd minutes of footage, it initially took me quite a few hours to put the package together (using our old computer). A lot of this time was just discovering what I could do with the package and how it worked. Before I could render it back onto the camera, my husband crashed the computer and I lost everything. We then purchased a bigger computer and it only took 1/2 hour to redo. We also have the ability to do voice overlays or do a narration. There is probably heaps more that it can do which I have yet to discover. I still have a lot to learn and as hubby works in a TV Station, he is able to assist me with things that I should be able to do and how to put it together. One day, I might be able to get a DVD Burner on my computer (I only have CD Burner at the moment) and then I can put my films on DVD instead of video. I am still going to try and put a decent video together of the Old Abandoned Gunbarrel and CSR on our next trip (Sth/Nth) but probably just for our own benefit as I have made contact with the group who are at present putting together a DVD/Video of the CSR (Nth/Sth) and who tell me that it will be out shortly and available for retail purchase from most Map Shops. We have had 4 trips away to date with the 5th big one as mentioned above coming up. I have only had my digital video camera since the last trip and hopefully, there will be many more trips in future to capture. I classify my photos and film as my souvenirs.
Good luck with your editing...
Cheers
Patsy
FollowupID: 311016

Reply By: Member - Gary - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 21:28

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 21:28
Patsy - I am not sure but your Pinnacle package may allow you to make a VCD with your CD Burner. They will play on most normal DVD players. The quality is about as good as VHS tape but you can only fit about 1 hour of video on a CD.

I am also hoping to get a DVD burner at some stage.

On our 4 month trip across the Simpson, Gibson Desert, WA Coast, Top End etc I shot fifteen 45 minute tapes on my old analogue video camera. I edited that down to 8 hours with titles, transitions, music etc. It was a lot of fun doing it but many hours. Like you I am getting better but still takes time.

On that trip we also took over 1000 photos that I am trying to scan and burn to disk.
Well enjoy your tripping and editing - Gary
AnswerID: 49197

Sponsored Links