Follow up on F250 Breakdown

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 23, 2014 at 21:52
ThreadID: 108856 Views:2495 Replies:5 FollowUps:8
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone,
firstly we would just like to thank all those who contributed with their tips and advice on our F250 breakdown on the Arnhem HWY last week.Our diagnostic scanner confirmed what a lot of you suggested was the cause of our dilemma which was the Cam angle sensor.
After doing our homework on the googler to find a good price on parts re the Sensor we came across Eastman Agricultural Parts in Melbourne who were fantastic on their service and prices.We ordered the parts on Friday lunchtime and they arrived in Darwin Monday morning.Its not often you get to hear about such efficient service but we were very grateful for the professionalism of this company and we were able to talk with them directly.
Secondly a reminder to all those travelling on the road doing the SKI holiday it was definitely worth while spending a little extra on the RACV total care as had we not had this insurance the tow alone would have cost us $1500.00 .
Many thanks to all of you once again from 2 very happy travellers who are making their way down the West Coast.
Happy Travels
Shaun and Sue
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Wednesday, Jul 23, 2014 at 22:11

Wednesday, Jul 23, 2014 at 22:11
Very pleased to hear it was the simple fix Shaun and Sue. Is that the same thing as I called the CPS (cam position sensor)? I found Eastman Agricultural Parts when looking for the best deal on filters, and the service was very good. We will use them next time too. Being rural based we purchase our own filters and oils, and get a mechanical workshop to do the service. This worked for us while travelling too.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 536498

Follow Up By: Member - sue and shaun - Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 08:20

Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 08:20
Hi Motherhen,
yes you were correct it is the same thing and we were very pleased that it was a simple fix once we got the part. We were starting to be concerned that it could have been something quite major.
Thank you once again for your input it is greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards
Sue and Shaun
FollowupID: 820631

Reply By: Bigfish - Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 05:08

Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 05:08
Good news. Glad your holiday wasn't ruined. I have the RACQ Platinum service..never used it but good peace of mind..
AnswerID: 536504

Follow Up By: Member - sue and shaun - Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 08:24

Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 08:24
Hi Bigfish,
yes it is definitely good peace of mind and well worth the money.
Have a great day and Happy Travels
Sue and Shaun
FollowupID: 820632

Reply By: ModSquad - Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 09:20

Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 09:20
Hello Shaun and Sue

Good to hear problem solved.

While we're here, for future reference (to you and others) please dont start a new thread when your original one is still alive and well..Original breakdown thread

You now have two threads going on the exact same subject. Can get confusing and makes the story/problem difficult to follow. For example, someone reading your first thread may not know if the problem was ever solved. Someone reading the second thread may not know what the full story was. In some cases it just results in same/similar answers, questions, replies from different people as not everyone would flick back and forward to view both threads. Just one of our house keeping rules. No big drama.

Cheers
ModSquad
Moderation is just rules

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 536508

Follow Up By: Member - bbuzz (NSW) - Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 09:31

Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 09:31
Mods,

That's fine but the original thread is now on Page 3 and about to be sent to Page 4 as I type this.

Not many people read threads that far back but a lot will have read the original when it was posted.

I for one was interested and sympathetic as I have had a breakdown and can appreciate the angst. But, I appreciated the note as to the outcome of the problem.

I wouldn't have gone searching for the original thread to find out the result, especially so far back.

I am sure many others appreciated the update and wouldn't have worried about the extra Thread.

bill
Bill B

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 820635

Follow Up By: baznpud (tassie) - Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 09:55

Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 09:55
Hey Bill,
That's a very good point, and have to agree with what you have said, have often wondered what the result has been of this type of thread, but certainly wouldn't flick back several pages to find it.
Cheers.
baz
Go caravaning, life is so much shorter than death.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 820641

Follow Up By: ModSquad - Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 09:58

Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 09:58
Bill/baz

1: It's in the forum rules.

2: If you set the forum Display Options to "Response Time" (recommended - not "Thread ID") the original thread in question (at this point in time) will appear on page one, only 13 or 14 threads down from the top. This is the best way to keep up with current discussions/new threads.

Threads with no activity will slowly disappear off page one, threads with the most recent activity will stay on page one (as is the case here).

If the OP in this case had posted thanks in the original thread (even if it was on page 20) it would have gone to the top of page one if forum user has "response time" option checked.

Also note that you can have up to 100 threads listed on page "1" as an option. 25 is the default.

Its your choice to sort threads by "Thread ID" but its not the best way to keep track of goings on. Sorry but it cant be used an as excuse to break or support the breaking of forum rules.

3: People may be using the "thread watch" function to keep track of a discussion i.e. new comments, including "thanks". Starting a new thread on the same discussion makes this function useless.

Cheers
ModSquad
Moderation is just rules

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 820643

Follow Up By: Keir & Marg - Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:24

Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:24
Thanks Modsquad for the advice re Response Time rather than Thread ID. When you first join Exploroz, it seems that Thread ID is the default option for sorting forum issues, unless you opt to change it.

I note your comment "Its your choice to sort threads by "Thread ID" but its not the best way to keep track of goings on". So, if Response Time is a better/preferred way of viewing forum issues, why not make Response Time the default option?????

Cheers.
FollowupID: 820646

Follow Up By: ModSquad - Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:38

Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:38
...that was just my opinion on what is best (I am just one person like you) - I could be wrong??...plus as Mods we dont have any control of site design.

If you have any recommendations for improving the site please contact site owners direct (via "Contact Us" tab)

Cheers
ModSquad
Moderation is just rules

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 820648

Follow Up By: Echucan Bob - Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 11:06

Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 11:06
I missed the original thread but found the story quite useful.

Bob
FollowupID: 820650

Reply By: bigcol - Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 09:38

Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 09:38
We went to Cape York in 06 and made sure everyone in our group of five cars had the highest RACQ cover.

It was well worth it for one of the Patrol owners when their ZD30 decided to lunch itself going up the Mt Molloy range.

He got a loaner Prado for 2 weeks and we continued on our way and when we got back to Mossman 3 weeks later the Patrol was up and running again.
He did have to pay the last week of hire for the Prado though and obviously the new engine
Nissan should have recalled them but that's another story
AnswerID: 536510

Reply By: Member - Odog - Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 16:40

Thursday, Jul 24, 2014 at 16:40
Glad you got the truck sorted, must be a big weight off your mind, now back to enjoying your travels.. Agree totally with having the road side assistance, worth every penny, even if not used, it's peace of mind.. All the best. Cheers
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 536519

Sponsored Links