National Gathering 2014 Trilby Station

Submitted: Friday, Jul 25, 2014 at 14:44
ThreadID: 108879 Views:3191 Replies:6 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Well folks,

I am just home from a trip to Trilby to finalise things ready for the National Gathering.

I have spoke with Andrew at the Bourke NPWS and he has indicated that he can run a guided tour (needs a minimum of 1 weeks notice of the interest) of Toorale National Park which is about 80km east of Bourke so about 200km from Trilby Station. For those interested please call the Bourke NPWS office direct to express your interest - Bourke NPWS guided tour contact Details

Trilby has had a new Shearing shed built as well and will be a great place for evening get togethers’ and the Wednesday night dinner.
Liz and I went through our lists and there is still several who have not confirmed with Liz who are on my list, and vice versa. She is also not taking any other booking for the period of the gathering so ExplorOz Members have exclusive use of Trilby Station and people really need to pull their fingers out and formally book with Liz, and more importantly indicate if they will be having the dinner on Wednesday night and any dietary needs (vegetarians/Gluten free). The dinner will be $40 pp and children will be $20 pp.

People are also reminded that the Gathering officially starts Sunday, with a Sunday Evening welcome, and winds up Friday night with a Final Raffle. The majority of attendee’s are staying Friday night before leaving Saturday. Liz has also indicated that Saturday afternoon there is another large group arriving (car rally).

Liz also mentioned that Louth Golf course is open if people want to have a round but they will need to bring their own clubs as the Louth Golf club does not have any hire clubs.

There is 4 hot showers and 3 flushing toilets for use during the gathering in the SHearers Quarters. There is Rainwater available in several tanks for drinking ONLY and for general use there is bore water taps around the Shearers quarters.
There is also 1 washing machine in the Shearers Quarters for people to use and from memory it requires 3 x $1 coins for a load.

There is 2 x 2 man canoes and 2 x 1 man kyaks for everyone to use, as well as countless numbers of yabby nets.

Liz will have for sale party ice which I think was $4 per bag.

Campfires are permitted with chainsaws also allowed but their use is only for dead fallen timber (ie no cutting down dead trees) and there is ample fallen timber available.
Camp showers and pit toilets are permitted, Liz does however request that all paper is burnt prior to the pit toilets being back filled.

There is still some water in the river and fishing can be done (NSW requires people to have a recreational Fishing License).

Generators are also permitted but as with all thinks please respect your neighbours and limit their use to daylight hours.

Liz is also going to email/call all who have registered to confirm arrival and departure dates as well as who is going to the Wednesday night dinner.

If you need any more info let me know :)

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: mchapo - Friday, Jul 25, 2014 at 20:33

Friday, Jul 25, 2014 at 20:33
Toorale N/P is west of Bourke.
AnswerID: 536602

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Saturday, Jul 26, 2014 at 08:19

Saturday, Jul 26, 2014 at 08:19
Well even NPWS have it wrong then cause I just copied of their web details LOL

Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 820780

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Saturday, Jul 26, 2014 at 14:33

Saturday, Jul 26, 2014 at 14:33
I have just been updated by Liz in regards to the cost of the Wednesday night dinner. Due to the numbers that have confirmed the price of the meal for adults has been reduced to $30pp, childrens meals remain at $20pp.

and

Yes Toorale National Park is 80 west of Bourke (never trust NPWS to know where their parks are LOL) so in effect it is only approx 70km from Trilby.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 536633

Reply By: Member - Keith P (NSW) - Sunday, Jul 27, 2014 at 08:27

Sunday, Jul 27, 2014 at 08:27
This has grabbed our interst...but I have a few questions....
Can you cross the Darling at Louth??...Have been out there years ago but cant remember if there is a crossing there,
When do we need to inform and book by...ie...is there actually a deadline???. I have to have surgery on shoulder (torn/ruptured tendons) and will be in a sling for a few weeks after....so really cant plan ahead too far at this stage....so depending on op dates ...could still go if reasonable time etc.
Is there a dump point there ...or somewhere to empty on board loo??? we don't have to use showers there if there are heaps of people....but need to be able to replenish at least one tank and empty loo maybe once.

TIA.

Cheers Keith
Nothin is ever the same once I own it ...........

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 536657

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, Jul 27, 2014 at 08:38

Sunday, Jul 27, 2014 at 08:38
Keith,

You can cross the Darling at louth, turn at the pub and go over the bridge, Trilby is about 24km from Louth.

Bookings as soon as possible but at least 1 week out for the dinner as a minimum.

Dump point for the loo will probably be just a decent hole in the ground and then back filled. I will ask Liz to see if we can get a dedicated hole dug by the loader for this purpose.
Refilling of tanks can be by using the taps around the shearers quarters (this is bore water), drinking water from rain water tanks.

I too am looking at having shoulder surgery as well but I am hoping to delay mine till after the Gathering as it has been cactus for a number of years now so a few more weeks won't hurt.

Cheers Kev

Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 820845

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, Jul 27, 2014 at 16:14

Sunday, Jul 27, 2014 at 16:14
Keith,

Just heard back from Liz re the portaloo's and as above, just dig a hole and backfill or just empty the portaloo at the Station general rubbish dump.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 820869

Follow Up By: Member - Keith P (NSW) - Sunday, Jul 27, 2014 at 19:27

Sunday, Jul 27, 2014 at 19:27
Thanks for the quick response Kev...appreciate the info you have given me.
Unfortuneately the shoulder cant/wont wait....giving me a fair bit of pain as it is a total rupture of 2 tendons. Am on really heavy duty pain killers and getting around like a zombie most of the time...so its getting fixed asap. Length of recuperation is the marker that will be used to determine whether we get there or not.
Thanks again M8.

Cheers Keith
Nothin is ever the same once I own it ...........

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 820893

Reply By: Member - BrisVegas - Monday, Jul 28, 2014 at 21:18

Monday, Jul 28, 2014 at 21:18
Thanks Kev. Our plans are up in the air at the moment. Lost my job last week and we are possibly moving to Townsville either just before or during the Sept school holidays for my wife to start a new job. I've spoken to Liz and have held off paying for my site and dinner at this stage. I'd REALLY like to come, but can't commit at this stage. Should find out our plans in the next week or two.

Cheers,
Dion
AnswerID: 536751

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Tuesday, Jul 29, 2014 at 09:07

Tuesday, Jul 29, 2014 at 09:07
Thanks Dion.

Hope all goes well on the employment front.

Cheers Kev

Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 820984

Reply By: The Landy - Tuesday, Jul 29, 2014 at 12:00

Tuesday, Jul 29, 2014 at 12:00
Kev

My apologies, I need to go and update the event as I cannot attend. Just back from 4 weeks in the desert and lacking the time!

It is worth visiting Toorale, a great tour, and it is about 70-kilometres east of Tribly (West of Bourke).

Regards
Baz
AnswerID: 536779

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Wednesday, Jul 30, 2014 at 19:50

Wednesday, Jul 30, 2014 at 19:50
Baz,

Looks like your going to miss a good Gathering :)

Cheers Kev

Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 821100

Reply By: Member-Heather MG NSW - Tuesday, Aug 12, 2014 at 05:22

Tuesday, Aug 12, 2014 at 05:22
Thanks for keeping us informed Kev. and for all your organisation.

John and I are very much looking forward to meeting other EO people and putting faces to names.

Not long to wait now.

regards,
Heather
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 537575

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Tuesday, Aug 12, 2014 at 07:35

Tuesday, Aug 12, 2014 at 07:35
only 47 days now :)

Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 821810

Sponsored Links