Halfway

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 26, 2014 at 02:39
ThreadID: 108885 Views:2198 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Whose that guy pushing a barrow across the Nullarbor?
Firstly it is not a guy, it is the first woman to cross Australia from Perth to Melbourne alone without a support vehicle or pack animals.
Secondly, it is me, Terra Lalirra, aka The Happy Walker. This is the first of 4 continental crossings between capital cities as part of The Happy Walk fundraising for Lifeline.

If you pass me, don't just take a photo or video through your window, why not stop for a chat and find not why I'm walking for Lifeline, get a decent photo worth sharing and make a donation.

If you're on social media you can follow The Happy Walk on facebook, fbthehappywalk, many photos, news, links to radio and newspaper interviews, thoughts and ideas about mental health and suicide prevention and some warm fuzzy feel good stuff thrown in for good measure.

Have you seen my marbles?

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: allein m - Saturday, Jul 26, 2014 at 15:25

Saturday, Jul 26, 2014 at 15:25
Well i have crossed the Nullarbore many many times first trip 1967.

So I have done it by car , bus, train and by ship yes if you count from UK to Fremantle and onto Melbourne and Sydney 1967 on the Fair Star and I love it out there but never thought about walking it.

Good luck to you and your adventures

AnswerID: 536635

Follow Up By: allein m - Saturday, Jul 26, 2014 at 15:31

Saturday, Jul 26, 2014 at 15:31
I good friend of my wife just passed away at 80 she had almost finished a book on her life as a cook out on the Nullarbore in the 50s and 60s .

She cooked for the rail way workers who maintained the Commonwealth train line out there

Things like the tea and sugar train and cooking on a wood stove when it was 50 in the shade no air condition.

The book is at a printers office now and they trying to work out what to do with it but from what I have read it was a hard life out there most of us would have melted and crawled under the closest rock and stayed there

FollowupID: 820819

Reply By: Member - Outback Gazz - Saturday, Jul 26, 2014 at 19:04

Saturday, Jul 26, 2014 at 19:04
Good onya Terra !

Good to see a female doing something a lot of men wouldn't be able to do - and most Aussie women wouldn't be able to cope because they might break a fingernail or get their hair messed up ! Here's an example - my missus's idea of roughing it - is a motel room with no spa, no infinity pool, no hairdryer and no room service !!

You will see a donation from me very shortly !

Keep up the good work and more importantly keep up the smile

Cheers

Gazz
AnswerID: 536645

Sponsored Links