Camper Trailer Shootout

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 09:21
ThreadID: 10889 Views:2345 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
While looking at travel hardware options we have seen the KK (classic) and Campomatic (Ranger M3).Would appreciate comment please on 2004 models if anyone has done research.Current observations here suggest they are line-ball in features, but the KK has a problem with hitch down weight, for medium sized fourbies..... 85kg, with the rear 130 L water tank full, and no fuel or gear in the front storage system. The Campo starts off at 60kg, and loading seems equalised. Reckon the swing out spare wheel carrier on the Campo is a plus.... weight placement wise, and convenient.Also, we got conflicting advice from various "informed" sources re where to take the power feed from (via Anderson plug) for the camper's batteries.......main or aux ? We use a Rotronics controller for the aux so my view is... go the aux.I need red sand under me.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member -Bob & Lex (Sydney) - Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 12:13

Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 12:13
Run power from aux battery to anderson plug. We have the 03 KK & was waiting till the Sydney caravan show to check out the 04 model as I to was worried about the tow ball weight. I like the idea of the new box on the draw bar with the fridge but will wait & see.Regards Bob
Where to next
AnswerID: 48640

Reply By: The Banjo - Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 14:44

Sunday, Feb 29, 2004 at 14:44
Re the KK Bob..... 85 on the ball is WITH the SS 130 L water tank full (right at the very back).... as I see it, there is little opportunity to practically add any heavy items to the rear, so all other load options are frontside and are contributing to extra ball weight - when you use some of that 130 Kg's of water.......you add more to the ball again. The KK people are obliging with info and consultation though ..... but ask for Ian D at the show - he is from the factory at Balina. If you are ok with the 2003, you should be somewhat better off with the 2004 - the battery is down the back now as well. What do you tow with ?
Overall at the Adelaide C&C show this weekend, as usual, you find some part time salespeople on certain stands and some may (I emphasise "some" and "may") not be right up to speed.I need red sand under me.
AnswerID: 48648

Reply By: Arkay - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 14:33

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 14:33
You may wish to save yourself 1/2 the price and look at the (new) Bushranger hard top camper trailer from South Coast Camper Trailers at Christies Beach (the Hancock family, the Roma caravan agents). Independent or beam axle suspension, standard or heavy duty chassis/tow ball - Treg., etc. Not quite as flash as KK or Campomatic but RGV (Really good value).
AnswerID: 48754

Reply By: Graeme - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 21:10

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 21:10
Hi The Banjo

Did you look at an Ultimate?
AnswerID: 48792

Reply By: The Banjo - Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 08:49

Tuesday, Mar 02, 2004 at 08:49
No G......there is a limit to how ultimate a Camper Trailer price could be and that exceeds ours......thanks.I need red sand under me.
AnswerID: 48844

Sponsored Links