Camping between Parachilna and Leigh Creek

Submitted: Monday, May 06, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1091 Views:3367 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone know of any designated camping grounds adjacent to the Hawker to Leigh Creek road, between Parachilna and Leigh Creek. Facilities are not necessary.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: pen - Tuesday, May 07, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, May 07, 2002 at 00:00
Weddy,
There are no designated camp grounds between Para & Leigh Creek/Copley. The distance is only about 70k's though. Make sure you take the old road and go into Beltana township on the way, has a lot of history. Dave & Shirley at Copley Caravan Park (it's safe to mention my name) are friendly and have a lot of local info and places to visit. Safe travels.
Cheers, pen.
AnswerID: 3384

Reply By: Steve - Tuesday, May 07, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, May 07, 2002 at 00:00
Weddy : If you have a good meal ( they have the worlds best ) at Para you will be overnighting there and no reason to camp for a few hundred kays !!

Any visit to Para without a feed at the 'watering hole ' would be an opportunity of a lifetime missed !! 'Feral Food' as is served nowhere else !!

steve
AnswerID: 3399

Reply By: Mike - Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 00:00
Here! Here! not only the food but the acommodation and hospitality can't be beat. We spent a weekend there, year before last, as a group, and the place was magnificent and so friendly and helpful. Never pass there now without stopping for a feed. I have also stayed at the Copley park, I must agree, neat, freindly and very clean.
Happy trails, Mike.
AnswerID: 3409

Sponsored Links