Where to

Submitted: Friday, Aug 22, 2014 at 08:24
ThreadID: 109232 Views:1813 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Good morning all, My wife and I are heading off tomorrow for a short 2 week holiday. We have a patrol and 17.5 offroad Goldstream. On Sunday night we'll be on the banks of the Murrumbidgee at Narrandera and the following night maybe at Lake Cargellico. After that we really have no plans. We want to have a look at the national parks perhaps up to the QLD border then across to the NSW coast on the way home. What parks do you recommend that are worth staying at or any other free camps or hidden treasures that all you experienced travellers have found over the years.

Regards,

Glenn n Jude
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: baznpud (tassie) - Friday, Aug 22, 2014 at 08:58

Friday, Aug 22, 2014 at 08:58
G'day Chambo,
If you spend a night at lake Cargelligo, a casual drive to west of Condobolin you will find Gum Bend Lake, great flat grassed areas, east of there you come across Ootha where you will find the Utes in the paddock, well worth a look at.
Then head north to Albert and spend an evening at the Rabbit Trap Hotel, great meals.
Head to Trangie, Collie, Gilgandra to the Warrumbungle National Park, easy spend two or three days there, then Coonabarabran, Narrabri, Moree to Goondiwindi which has you on the Qld border, then head east to the coast.
Hope this gives you an idea or two.
Cheers.
baz
Go caravaning, life is so much shorter than death.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 538017

Follow Up By: Chambo - Friday, Aug 22, 2014 at 09:02

Friday, Aug 22, 2014 at 09:02
Thanks Baz, good info, have done the bungles but was thinking of going there again anyway. Wouldn't mind doing the breadknife again.
FollowupID: 822286

Follow Up By: Member - Frank P (NSW) - Friday, Aug 22, 2014 at 10:25

Friday, Aug 22, 2014 at 10:25
Most of the Warrumbungle NP was burnt out 18 months ago. Though it's recovering, it's not as pretty as you might recall from your previous visit.

Coming down the coast, any of the NSW coastal NPs offer a pleasant stay. We like Bundjalung NP near Evans Head, Station Creek, Lake Arragon and Red Rock campgrounds in Yuraygir NP, Hungry Gate in Hat Head NP, Goolawah NP and Limeburners Creek NPs south of Crescent Head, Kylies Beach and Diamond Head in Crowdy Bay NP, Yagon near Seal Rocks in Myall Lakes NP, also Mungo Brush and nearby campgrounds in the southern part of Myall Lakes NP.

On the South Coast,
Pretty Beach, Pebbly Beach and Depot Beach in the Murramarang NP, Congo near Moruya, Gillards Beach in Mimosa Rocks NP near Tathra, Bournda NP, Nen Boyd NP south of Eden.

So much to choose from :-)

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 822289

Sponsored Links