New Update for OziExplorer (Android V 1.23)

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 28, 2014 at 20:43
ThreadID: 109311 Views:3574 Replies:3 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
New update released yesterday...nothing super major..

Ozi Android Webpage

Changes
V 1.23

Fixed problem with the first loaded track not showing.

Fixed problems with changing track properties.

Fixed problem with wrong waypoint being selected in waypoint list search.

Fixed some issues with Bluetooth connected GPS.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: get outmore - Friday, Aug 29, 2014 at 07:37

Friday, Aug 29, 2014 at 07:37
Cheers I love the app and have used it for years now regularly updating it when available
AnswerID: 538288

Reply By: Freshstart - Friday, Aug 29, 2014 at 09:46

Friday, Aug 29, 2014 at 09:46
Have you made any changes to OziCE recently Greg
AnswerID: 538304

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Friday, Aug 29, 2014 at 09:56

Friday, Aug 29, 2014 at 09:56
Hello

Nothing to do with me, I am like many others and just a long term user (mainly of PC version, since 1998, though have used the CE version for many years as well, but not now, Android version..sometimes)..(and supply a few Ozi compatible digital maps of various places).

The Ozi website would suggest no changes to Ozi CE since Feb 2013, or the PC version since July 2013 and "Development of the iPhone and iPad version is on hold. We do not know when or if it will commence."

Thought they were actually working on iOS version but apparently not.

Cheers
Greg

I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 822715

Follow Up By: Freshstart - Friday, Aug 29, 2014 at 09:59

Friday, Aug 29, 2014 at 09:59
Wasn't sure but I thought that I would ask. Cheers
FollowupID: 822716

Reply By: Member - graeme W (WA) - Saturday, Aug 30, 2014 at 15:39

Saturday, Aug 30, 2014 at 15:39
Hi Greg.
Had the tab with ozi loaded on all the time we were on the move from Meekathara all the way across through neds creek, to the Carnarvon ranges ,then to well 5 on the canning then south along the canning to wiluna. Halfway between the carnarvon ranges and well 5 ozi decided to go to trial mode with trial written all across the screen. Very disappointing no contact or phone signals out there not that oze give a phone conntact anyway. Wonder if they fixed that. Might be a good time to make anyone aware that do the update thats its not like updating other programes in that you have to actually download the update and then reinstall most other updates windows or android you just hit the update button and thats it or set to auto update in the settings. Why ozi have an update button in the programme is beyond me.
cheers Graeme.
AnswerID: 538397

Follow Up By: get outmore - Saturday, Aug 30, 2014 at 15:52

Saturday, Aug 30, 2014 at 15:52
happens occasionally - it usually fixes itself - if not a restart fixes it
FollowupID: 822817

Follow Up By: Member - Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, Aug 30, 2014 at 16:24

Saturday, Aug 30, 2014 at 16:24
Yes, I've had the same in my paid-for copy - Trial in large letters across the Android screen but no apparent loss of functionality that I could detect while driving. It goes away after a while.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 822818

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Saturday, Aug 30, 2014 at 23:56

Saturday, Aug 30, 2014 at 23:56
Hello Graeme

Sounds like you had a good trip. I have never experience the issue you mentioned but as the others have indicated it would appear to be a minor (but none the less, annoying) "bug". It is still "beta" so bound to be a few hiccups. Best to report any unusual behavior you see direct to the guys at Oziexplorer via contact details on their website.

Yes the update is not automatic - you need to find the downloaded file and click/tap it to initiate installation. Bit inconvenient but all these things are good to keep the brain working.

Cheers
Greg

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 822849

Follow Up By: Member - graeme W (WA) - Sunday, Aug 31, 2014 at 17:50

Sunday, Aug 31, 2014 at 17:50
Hi Greg.
Great trip and one i would recommend. Will do a blog when time permits. The tracks overall were not to bad ,quite few scratches here and there, the worst bit where the rangers and track care had cut a new track around a washed out area. a couple of klms of 1st and 2nd low range. The county was looking good although no rain had fallen for some time. The gorges and water holes like an oasis in a desert which they are.
Hopefully the custodians will open the area again next july as it looks as though all went well this year.
cheers Graeme.
FollowupID: 822900

Sponsored Links