Autofredge service

Submitted: Monday, Oct 20, 2014 at 13:35
ThreadID: 109872 Views:1456 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi to all

I have had my Autofridge for 20 years and it has served me well for this time but it has finally stopped working does anyone know where I could get it serviced.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Monday, Oct 20, 2014 at 15:27

Monday, Oct 20, 2014 at 15:27
Is it running and won't chill, or is it lights out, nobody home?

Can't help you with a repair place, but many fridge repairs firms will do these fridges. BNS in Mt Isa, for example.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 540589

Reply By: Oldrusty - Monday, Oct 20, 2014 at 21:15

Monday, Oct 20, 2014 at 21:15
Mine cashed in it's chips about five years ago and it seems I needed to send it to Sydney from Adelaide for a "possible" repair. I would need to freight it over and they would have a look at it, then tell me what it needed. The cost to do this was going to be about $1.200 plus freight. If I went ahead with this I would get a three month guarantee. Now I have to pay to have it sent back. Alternatively, I could take it to a repairer in Adelaide who would "attempt" the repair for about $900 and give me a three month warranty. It is still sitting in my shed and I now own a Waeco which has performed perfectly for those five years and cost me about $1000. The Autofridge was good but the after market repair situation was left wanting.

That is my experience. Hope you find a cheaper fix.

Rusty
AnswerID: 540604

Reply By: PhilD - Monday, Oct 20, 2014 at 22:03

Monday, Oct 20, 2014 at 22:03
I have had Autofridges for over 20 years, and they have been great. Unfortunately they have closed up shop as they could not compete with imports, etc, and some other circumstances which arose. I have always taken mine to a friendly refrigeration guy in Adelaide, and it has never cost me much to get them serviced, etc., most parts are standard, and the glycol is able to be topped up if needed.
AnswerID: 540609

Sponsored Links