Far West NSW road s conditions

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 17, 2015 at 10:24
ThreadID: 110764 Views:1851 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi just read a item in todays local paper Broken Hill

road users are reminded the Cob hwy remains closed between Wilcannia and Ivanhoe and Silver city HWY between Tibbooburra and Warrigate are all closed due to flooding

I know there are a number of people asking what the roads are like so this is the current situation Jan 17 2015

The SES are at present Flying food and fuel to remote stations from Broken Hill

So any one coming out this way in the next couple of months best double check the roads some stations reported of 300mls so the roads must have taken a hit in some places and this will take time to sort out

cheers

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Life Member - Mike (SA) - Saturday, Jan 17, 2015 at 12:55

Saturday, Jan 17, 2015 at 12:55
Our ExplorOz Road Report is current. Central Darling Shire Council have sair it is wasting valuable resources repairing damage done by vehicles using closed or wet roads. Police have been asked to prosecute offenders who may be liable for a $1000 penalty plus repair costs.
Too little time in the bush!
VKS 737 Mobile 0230

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 544413

Reply By: Les PK Ranger - Saturday, Jan 17, 2015 at 14:15

Saturday, Jan 17, 2015 at 14:15
Yes, the ExploreOz page is great NSW Outback

Also Central Darling shire page is good Road conditions

I really wanted to drive back home the other day via the way I normally go, Bourke - Wilcannia, and continue down past Lake Menindee to Wentworth, but once I saw roads were all shut and the front coming again, decided to go Newell Hwy.
Even out that way the weather was pretty full on, West Wyalong was pouring rain when I stopped for a countery around 6.15 on Tuesday.

Great for those regions, will have a huge effect on the economy for all those towns.
AnswerID: 544418

Follow Up By: allein m - Saturday, Jan 17, 2015 at 15:20

Saturday, Jan 17, 2015 at 15:20
when I went to get a picture of road closed to Tibbooburra the other day and police troopy had pulled some over who went past the road closed sign

not sure what happened after a warning or what but I live in Lane street not far from local RTA and all RTA traffic trucks go right past my house on the way to work 7am and they are very busy this way front end loaders and trucks going by

it will take time so all we need is some patience and soon the roads will be open for all again
FollowupID: 831553

Sponsored Links