Sydney parking high clearance

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 03, 2015 at 19:56
ThreadID: 110976 Views:5994 Replies:3 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
I tour around Australia and will pass through Sydney on Friday for a few days. My 4wd needs a clearance of 2,45m and I searched the internet, called hotels etc but there seems to be no parking in Sydney that suits this height.

I am just a bit uncomfortable to leave my car at a train station for a few days in a big city with all the attachments, boxes and the rooftop tent.

Anyone a good idea or recommendation for parking?

Thanks

Philipp
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Lisa & Peter (NSW) - Tuesday, Feb 03, 2015 at 20:43

Tuesday, Feb 03, 2015 at 20:43
We have stayed at Holiday Inn Potts point and they allowed us to park inthe loading bay area, some other big hotels have let us park in their driveway areas. These are usually the more expensive places though.Parking is often an issue for us taller vehicles, good luck.
AnswerID: 545304

Reply By: Member - bbuzz (NSW) - Tuesday, Feb 03, 2015 at 21:15

Tuesday, Feb 03, 2015 at 21:15
Hi,
You could use Lane Cove CP with a cabin. Usual space for parking.
The train trip into town is quick and comfortable with only a short walk from the CP to the station.

bill
Bill B

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 545306

Follow Up By: The Landy - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2015 at 07:25

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2015 at 07:25
Always a great option, and frequently overlooked!

Cheers, Baz - The Landy
FollowupID: 832852

Follow Up By: PGU - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2015 at 13:59

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2015 at 13:59
Sorry don't know Sydney very well. There seems to be a Lane Cove NP and a suburb near Macquarie Park. Which one are you referring to?

I will stay at the Amora Hotel in the CBD. But they don't have parking options...
FollowupID: 832873

Follow Up By: garrycol - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2015 at 14:33

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2015 at 14:33
Generally they are one and the same - Lane Cove NP is on the Lane Cove River and is generally within the confines of the suburb of Lane Cove at the south east end and up to Macquarie Park at the Northern end. Good public transport to the city from that area.

Put in Lane Cove National Park into Google Maps and it is pretty clear.

Garry
FollowupID: 832874

Follow Up By: The Landy - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2015 at 15:17

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2015 at 15:17
Hi Philipp

This is quite a picturesque park within about 10 kilometres from the central CBD.

It is close to public transport train and buses, and two large shopping precincts, Chatswood and Macquarie Park both within a couple of kilometres either way.

If you are staying at the Amora, there is a Wilson car park on York Street, not too far from the hotel that is enclosed, outdoors and not height restricted. However I am not sure they will accommodate overnight parking, if they do you’ll need to mortgage your house to pay for it. And checking the website are not open on Saturday or Sunday.

Apart from the car park I’ve mentioned I can’t think of any in the Sydney CBD that are not height restricted to around 1.9 to 2.1 metres. And daily parking rates average $70 plus an arm and a leg.

Lane Cove Tourist Park is a good option.

Although if you already have booked accommodation, one thought might be to park it at say Sydney airport in the long-term car park which is secure (sort-of), free bus to the terminal, and train to the city…might be an option? I'd be comfortable with that.

Cheers, Baz – The Landy
FollowupID: 832879

Follow Up By: Nomadic Navara - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2015 at 23:05

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2015 at 23:05
If you are searching for the caravan park associated with the national park you should be searching for Lane Cove River Tourist Park. It's an excellent park and public transport is close handy to the park.

PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 832926

Reply By: Member - Mark (Tamworth NSW) - Tuesday, Feb 03, 2015 at 21:35

Tuesday, Feb 03, 2015 at 21:35
Philipp

What region do you wish to stay in, what's your budget and is it acceptable to have off street parking, but not behind lock and key?

I know quite a few hotels where your rig would fit, parking is off street on Hotel grounds, maybe behind a boom gate, but not behind a locked up garage door.

Mariott at North Ryde/Macquarie Park, IBIS and Formula 1 near the airport immediately spring to mind. Novotel & IBIS at Sydney Olympic Park I'm sure could arrange something, you may even fit into the Formula 1 at Olympic Park.

AnswerID: 545307

Follow Up By: Member - Lisa & Peter (NSW) - Thursday, Feb 05, 2015 at 07:50

Thursday, Feb 05, 2015 at 07:50
Royal hotel at Randwick has off street parking , can be crowded but we have stayed here many times without incident.
FollowupID: 832931

Sponsored Links