Gregory National Park

Submitted: Thursday, May 16, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1148 Views:1587 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello Exploreoz, I have just discovered your site, and feel sure I will be a very regular user. My question: My husband and I will be travelling north at the end of July, we plan to travel to to Darwin, travelling thru' Gregory NP on the way. Has any traveller travelled from the town of Kalkarindji, along the Gibbie Creek track, thence on to the Wickham Track, to Bullita Homestead, ending up at Timber Creek? We would be very interested as to how the condition of these tracks are. We drive an 80 series Toyoto, 10 yrs old. have travelled in the outback lots before. Also the road from Top Springs to Kalkarindji, its condition? Thanks Wendy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Russell V - Friday, May 17, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, May 17, 2002 at 00:00
We travelled through Gregory National Park and through Top Springs as an alternative route on the way back from Kununurra. So we didn't stay around much but beware of the road as I went through 3 tyres on that leg, the roads in that area are particularly severe on the tyres. Ensure you have spares (in good order) and tyre repair kits. It is very spectacular country though and well worth the effort, Have fun!!
AnswerID: 3615

Sponsored Links