LED's for trailer

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 31, 2004 at 19:35
ThreadID: 11712 Views:1365 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Okay.....I remember a chap did a post about not being happy with a manufacturer not fitting LED's to his new trailer.

What brand of LED's are available over the counter nowadays, and roughly how much will they cost?

Cheers

Ian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bear - Wednesday, Mar 31, 2004 at 20:29

Wednesday, Mar 31, 2004 at 20:29
Ian

The Hella - DuraLed Combi was shown at the recent Sydney Show and seemed to be the pick of the combination rear lights. The unitis water proof and a few customers were there relaying stories of there use on bpat trailers that were constantly dunked.

I think they were about $120 a set but not sure.

try hella.com.au

Bear
AnswerID: 52710

Reply By: Member - Gajm (VIC) - Wednesday, Mar 31, 2004 at 20:48

Wednesday, Mar 31, 2004 at 20:48
That would have been me......and the price for the LEDS we wanted fitted was an extra $250, but i think thats taking into account they don't fit the same as the normal lights, different size, and on our camper they weld a type of guard around to protect the tail light when reversing etc....our main problem was that to put the LEDS on theyd have to grind this guard off the finished, painted trailer and put on new ones, which i am still worried may look a bit rough....for those who may be interested, I have had several discussions with the manufacturer and they are fixing the problem and transporting the camper to the caulfield show later on at their own expense.....for a while it looked like the whole mistake was going to cost me an extra week and quite a few hassles, including wrecking my plans for the school holidays, but things are looking ok now, fingers crossed.......why is nothing ever easy?
AnswerID: 52714

Follow Up By: cokeaddict - Thursday, Apr 01, 2004 at 09:25

Thursday, Apr 01, 2004 at 09:25
Hi Gajm,
Correct me if i am wrong here but.... If i recall and its a long time ago (20 years), your question about nothing being easy relates to something we did way back when.... remember the words you once said in a holy place..."I DO".....thats where it all started to get complicated for me.

Im waiting for that second calling they promised us....maybe we can get back to simple things again.....lol
FollowupID: 314581

Follow Up By: Member - Gajm (VIC) - Thursday, Apr 01, 2004 at 12:36

Thursday, Apr 01, 2004 at 12:36
Hi addict.

I did what you are talking about 12 years ago!.....and it was the best thing i ever did, couldn't be happier, and there's nothing hard about being married at all......every day is a joy.......especialy if I need a hand with some job around the house....pure pleasure, and no frustration or saying "I don't know what you want!!!" ever. I pity my single mates who buy whatever they want whenever they want, or go away anytime they want.....poor buggers.
(yes she does read these...and if I'm not on again you will know why)

FollowupID: 314607

Sponsored Links