Alice to Ocean Ocean to Alice revised

Submitted: Monday, Mar 23, 2015 at 12:46
ThreadID: 117186 Views:1703 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We (my wife and myself) are planning a trip from ocean 80 mile Beach to Alice Springs in late April , early May. Any one planning the same. 2 or 3cars would be safer and more fun. Anyone interested in joining us, please contact me on 0417719457.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Kiwi_In_Aussie(Wagga) - Monday, Mar 23, 2015 at 13:09

Monday, Mar 23, 2015 at 13:09
Ruedi

You will enjoy this trip

I have done it a couple of times now and it never gets boring

Great scenery - not a 'technical' trip so you can relax and enjoy it

Definitely recommend stopping at Jupiter Well (great desert oaks to camp under and fresh water from the hand pump in middle of area.

look forward to seeing a bit of a trip report when you get back to see if you enjoyed it as much as I do :-)

Safe travels

AnswerID: 551455

Reply By: ModSquad - Monday, Mar 23, 2015 at 14:55

Monday, Mar 23, 2015 at 14:55
Ruedi,

As per forum rules you must use the original thread. Given that this thread has a reply attached already and contains the phone details you wish, we have removed the other thread.

For future reference, if you need something amended, simply flick a request off to the modsquad and we'll take care of it for you. Saves clogging up the forum with threads on the same topic.

Good luck and safe travels

Regards

The moderation team
Moderation is just rules

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 551460

Reply By: Motherhen - Monday, Mar 23, 2015 at 17:20

Monday, Mar 23, 2015 at 17:20
Hi Ruedi

If you are planning to go via the Wapet (Kidson) track and Gary Junction Road, or via Marble Bar instead of the Kidson Track, I have blogs in My Blog from 2009 describing our trip from the Great Northern Highway near Port Hedland, via Marble Bar and on to Alice Springs. With a caravan we did not take the Kidson Track if this is your intention as part of your trip.

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 551469

Sponsored Links