This Thread has been Archived
Dates: 11/4/15 to 12/04/2015
Name: NSW - Sunny Corner to sofala
Description:
View or register for this Trip/Gathering
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Monday, Apr 06, 2015 at 19:41

Monday, Apr 06, 2015 at 19:41
Hi Col, Great idea but its very short notice for most, especially for working people. With all the rain of late, and I think Bathurst has had its share, the river crossings may higher than normal and not passable for some vehicles. Unfortunately we have family plans for Sunday so we cant attend but if something was organised with more notice we would be interested. I hope its a great weekend. Regards, Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 552079

Reply By: Member - Col GLXR - Tuesday, Apr 07, 2015 at 18:10

Tuesday, Apr 07, 2015 at 18:10
Hi Michael

Thanks for correspondence.

Your right about the rain and the river crossings.I noticed the sun come out on the weekend and I had a rush of blood to the head, thinking that it's all going to be good for the coming weekend but non the less I'll
Try to be the eternal optimist and give the NPWS Service a call towards the end of the week, if it looks good I'll Hog tie the Eternal love of life head off.

I am new to 4x4, did a little high range for a bit then decided to do 4by course a few weeks back, itching to get going.
My triton was bought new in April last year and is starting to get a few insignificant scratches on it, so I thought it's time to let go of the protective reigns as he ain't new anymore, time to get down and dirty.

Hope to correspond again.

Kind regards

Col
AnswerID: 552103

Follow Up By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 07, 2015 at 19:07

Tuesday, Apr 07, 2015 at 19:07
Good on you! I Have spent a lot of time around Sofala and Hill End but I haven't driven that exact track but it can get very sticky up there in the wet and some steep climbs around the area . From memory that's a fairly long track, even in the dry so could be some angst for some people getting out of there on a Sunday afternoon. I notice your vehicle does not have a Snorkel, that may be a problem in itself. I'm still looking for my Treks around Sydney book , could be anywhere Lol! regards, Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 837690

Sponsored Links