Review: inReach Explorer Satellite Comm. & GPS

My Shop Item Rating: My Rating 4/5

Planning a 5 month trip through outback Queensland, Savannah Way, Northern Territory, Kimberly, Flinders Ranges, back to Sydney we debated which safety device to use- Sat phone, sat sleeve, or one of the several safety devices.
We found the In Reach Explorer has the ability to communicate. I have a heart condition. For us one of the biggest factors was the ability to communicate with the sos so they know what the problem is, ie medical, mechanical. The InReach also allows us to let folks at home know if there is a problem or just say we are ok when we have been out of mobile touch for a while. You can link it to your phone or use it as a free standing device. There are various plans to cater for how much you want to spend. Has heaps of features for bushwalking from planning, compass etc. Initial setting up takes a while. Neat unit which gives the impression that it could take rather a bashing without being hurt. I like that there is a safety on the sos button so it can't be accidentally set off too. Locks into the Iridium satellite quickly.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links