Auto LPG Locations NSW

Submitted: Friday, May 08, 2015 at 21:07
ThreadID: 117776 Views:5850 Replies:6 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone have a generic website that lists all the service stations that sell Auto LPG in NSW.

I did a google and some of the various companies list just their sellers and the couple of generic sites did not list all the sellers (didn't have half company sellers).

Mainly looking for out west NSW.

Thanks

Garry
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Warrie (NSW) - Friday, May 08, 2015 at 22:35

Friday, May 08, 2015 at 22:35
Hi Garry, try Motormouth. Click on country prices for NSW and it will give towns . Link here:Motormouth

Cobar and Wlicannia not there nor Yunta in SA if you are going that far west....W
Warrie

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 553455

Follow Up By: garrycol - Friday, May 08, 2015 at 23:28

Friday, May 08, 2015 at 23:28
Thanks Warrie - as you highlighted and I have already noticed not all locations are there. Cobar (does have LPG), Wilcannia, Wentworth (does have LPG), Bourke (does have LPG) are not listed.

I was hoping there was a single site that listed what towns had LPG.

Cheers

Garry
FollowupID: 839323

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Saturday, May 09, 2015 at 23:43

Saturday, May 09, 2015 at 23:43
Motormouth is of little use in rural areas.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 839392

Reply By: Member - Tony H (touring oz) - Saturday, May 09, 2015 at 07:43

Saturday, May 09, 2015 at 07:43
Google is your friend............

https://www.shell.com.au/products-services/on-the-road/fuels/lpg.html
http://www.elgas.com.au/autogas-lpg-cars/fuel-cost-savings-autogas-lpg-cars?gclid=CPDCmJuOs8UCFUVwvAodQ1IAZw
https://www.originlpg.com.au/autogas/autogas-locator
Insanity doesnt run in my family.... it gallops!

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 553465

Follow Up By: garrycol - Saturday, May 09, 2015 at 11:03

Saturday, May 09, 2015 at 11:03
Thanks but as i indicated in my original post i am looking fir one site that has the information in one place.

I had already looked at those sites - the Shell site only lists the Shell garages, same with Elgas and origin.

So if a town does not have Shell, Elgas or Origin but does have a garage with another brand of lpg it is not listed.

cheers

FollowupID: 839334

Reply By: Motherhen - Saturday, May 09, 2015 at 23:35

Saturday, May 09, 2015 at 23:35
Darn, as fast as I updated website links, they change. The one I have for Gas does not work Grrrrr.

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 553516

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Saturday, May 09, 2015 at 23:43

Saturday, May 09, 2015 at 23:43
This is the new link for the site I had LPG, but you have to go to all the different brand sites rather than search for a route or place as I had previously. Not very useful.

Best I can do for you garrycol.

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 839391

Reply By: Member - abqaiq - Sunday, May 10, 2015 at 08:50

Sunday, May 10, 2015 at 08:50
If you have a smart phone [??] there is an app called PETROSPY that lists prices and locations for all fuel types. Users put in the latest prices.
AnswerID: 553524

Follow Up By: garrycol - Sunday, May 10, 2015 at 09:49

Sunday, May 10, 2015 at 09:49
Thanks for that app - doesn't show all garages and even where one is shown you need to note the price next to it to indicate whether it has the required fuel - no price seems to indicate they do not carry the required fuel.

FollowupID: 839411

Reply By: garrycol - Sunday, May 10, 2015 at 09:52

Sunday, May 10, 2015 at 09:52
Thanks for all the input - looks like the single website that used to exist a few years back is not longer there - looks like I need to go through each of the fuel company sites as listed by Motherhen (thanks) when planning and use the App when on the go (need phone coverage for it to work)

Cheers

Garry
AnswerID: 553529

Follow Up By: Member - Peter M (QLD) - Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 06:18

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 06:18
G'day Garry
Unfortunately some service stations that have LPG don't buy it from their fuel supplier EG: BP stations some buy from BP but most country stations and some city stations buy from their local gas distributor. As Motherhen said there was a combined site but I can no longer find it.
I ran out of fuel (both LPG & unleaded) near Moree once because I trusted the information about LPG. I suggest when travelling away from major cities you use your LPG tank as the back up tank & keep topping up your unleaded.
The politicians that convinced us that LPG was the way of the future & poured billions of dollars into subsidising LPG etc forgot that LPG production is not controlled by Australia for Australians. They even forgot to make it mandatory for all new service stations to have LPG. So look at how many new stations controlled by the supermarkets do NOT have LPG.
Also look at the price rip off of LPG in country areas where competition is scarce. EG: Mareeba NQ 10c a litre more than Atherton but is closer to the source, reason only one station sells LPG in Mareeba.
Go figure
Stay well & stay safe
PeterM Qld
FollowupID: 839496

Reply By: garrycol - Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 11:07

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 11:07
Thanks Peter,

I follow the same strategy - when within know LPG range I always run on LPG but when I have reached the edge of the known LPG world I fill with LPG and switch to petrol leaving the LPG tank full and not using it. It provides an emergency fuel store if something happens to the petrol system, such as failed fuel pump (I do carry a spare though) so that I can get up to 350km further along towards assistance.

When I finally get within 250km of a known LPG point I then switch back and run into town in gas.

Yes the cost of LPG outback is a bit steep, often the same price as petrol so there is often no benefit running on gas particularly when the worse mpg on gas is taken into account. Around the big smoke LPG is definitely the way to go.

Cheers

Garry
AnswerID: 553627

Sponsored Links