ExplorOz Spare Wheel Rubbish Bag Question

Submitted: Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 15:14
ThreadID: 119047 Views:2035 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,
I have a spare wheel rubbish bag for the cruiser and would like to purchase another one for the camper.
How do you empty the contents in the Exploroz rubbish bag?
I know it seems like a silly question, my spare wheel rubbish bag on the cruiser has a zip on the bottom of the bag, I just pull the wheel bin up to it, un zip and all the contents falls out. Hoping the Exploroz bag is the same.

Thanks in advance.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John - Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 15:58

Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 15:58
Cruiser, Like that bottom zip idea, both mine have to be removed to empty.........
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 554431

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 16:26

Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 16:26
The ExplorOz rubbish bag has a Velcro fastened flap.
I simply line mine with a garbage bag.
This keeps all contents together, is easier to lift out and place in an appropriate bin and much more hygienic too.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 554435

Reply By: baznpud (tassie) - Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 17:41

Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 17:41
We have an Exploroz rubbish bag, it doesn't have a zip in the bottom, we place our rubbish in plastic bags and empty when possible.
Cheers.
baz
Go caravaning, life is so much shorter than death.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 554438

Reply By: Fab72 - Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 10:24

Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 10:24
G'day Cruiser,
I had one of these types of bags let go on me (not a good quality ExplorOz one I might add).

I then spent a few hours back tracking through the desert picking up all my crapola.
Subsequently now, I bundle my rubbish into shopping bag sized parcels so in the unfortunate event that I have another failure, I'll find it easier to pick up a dozen small bundles rather than 1000 snack sized mars bar wrappers.

Amazing what experience does to you.

Fab.
AnswerID: 554463

Reply By: Crusier 91 - Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 10:54

Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 10:54
Thanks for the replies.
Our rubbish bag is very convenient with the zipper (same as canvas zippers) on the bottom. The bottom is also heavy duty mesh to let any moisture out. Easy to clean as it's heavy duty thick canvas plastic, just hose it out. It was a one off custom made item which we were luck to get for free, yet to find another one like it on the market, never had a problem with it in the last 3 years.

We figured we could use the bag we have hanging off the truck for general waste and a new bag on the camper for recyclables.

I guess the hunt continues.
AnswerID: 554465

Follow Up By: Member - Odog - Monday, Jun 01, 2015 at 15:32

Monday, Jun 01, 2015 at 15:32
G'day Crusier
We had the explore oz one the the back of the prado, only thing was it covered the reversing camera, not really that bigger issue, wouldn't make any difference what brand, like others we put our rubbish into bags, keeps the bag cleaner.. We also had another brand on the camper, the explore oz one was a much better fit on the car spare than the ct, it hung a bit to low.. But we used the ct one, as our dirty laundry bag... It had a zipper on top only.. The one on the ct was close to where our heads would be, when sleeping, thought we would rather get a wiff of dirty cloths than rubbish... That's why we made the decision as to which one we used for what... Lol.. Worked a treat.. Was great for dirty laundry... Cheers.. Odog
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 840586

Follow Up By: Crusier 91 - Monday, Jun 01, 2015 at 19:15

Monday, Jun 01, 2015 at 19:15
Thanks Odog and everyone else.
I guess you hit the nail on the head with what rubbish goes into what bag. We are in the same position as you, meaning our prefered sleeping bed will be over the rear spare wheel of the camper which will carry the second rubbish bag. We could move to the over side, but don't really fancy sleeping over the gas bottle and jerry fuel cans.
I suppose the truck rubbish bag could house the general waste and the camper rubbish bag on the camper can house the recyclables (beer and wine bottles) which we will sleep over.
FollowupID: 840591

Follow Up By: Crusier 91 - Monday, Jun 01, 2015 at 19:20

Monday, Jun 01, 2015 at 19:20
I might move my original bag to the the camper for the recyclables as its easier to use the bottom zipper to release the bottles and if any moisture happens it just leaks out as we drive and get the new bag on the truck and house general waste in smaller bags then pop into the rubbish bag on the truck.

Sounds good to me.

Cheers everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FollowupID: 840592

Sponsored Links