Road conditions to Mitchell Falls

Looking for anyone who has just recently done the road to Mitchell Falls. We are in Kununurra and plan to hit the Gibb in the next three weeks. We want to take our trailer to the Mitchell Falls but have had mixed advice as to whether we should leave it at King Edward River and then continue on. We have 2014 Hilux with OME and lift kit towing a Track Trailer TVAN. Any advice would be appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick O - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2015 at 15:12

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2015 at 15:12
If it hasn't rained in the past weeks, you'll find the road very corrugated. The difference between a freshly graded track and the corrugated condition that you expect as the normal condition is only about 2-3 days during the peak season.

As far as you T-Van is concerned, I'd probably tow it in. KER is a good option if you were towing something larger but it's only a trailer and not a major inconvenience to tow, just take it easy. KER does have rangers and camp wardens in attendance.

KER is a great place to spend a few days relaxing and exploring the area. There is plenty of art within a couple of km of the campground.

Safe Travels

Mick

''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 556036

Reply By: Michaeljp - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2015 at 16:45

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2015 at 16:45
I was chatting to someone who was up there last week i think. They said it was a bit rough/corrugated but there was a grader on the road when they were leaving.
Like Mick O your Tvan should be ok. Also as this past wet season was not that wet, get up there as soon as you can to see water over the falls. I saw a photo of Galvans gorge falls and they were almost dry and Bell Gorge still had a good flow.
AnswerID: 556040

Reply By: Member - santta - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2015 at 17:51

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2015 at 17:51
Thanks for all the feedback everybody. Sounds good to go
AnswerID: 556044

Sponsored Links