Photos

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 20, 2015 at 14:19
ThreadID: 119246 Views:1986 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Admin, or fellow members ,can some tell me how to put photos on the forum ,is it allowed and what is the simplest way to achieve this .
Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John - Saturday, Jun 20, 2015 at 14:40

Saturday, Jun 20, 2015 at 14:40
G'day, I presume you mean pics in a forum post? If so, at the bottom of the post is a blue box with insert Images & Files, open that and follow the prompts, good luck.
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 556173

Follow Up By: Member - Bigred13 - Saturday, Jun 20, 2015 at 16:15

Saturday, Jun 20, 2015 at 16:15
Hi john , what is the URLs for this site??
Thanks
FollowupID: 842308

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Saturday, Jun 20, 2015 at 17:19

Saturday, Jun 20, 2015 at 17:19
You don't need to worry about that URL thingy if you only want to post photos, Red.

Think that is for loading videos from YouTube, Vimeo etc?

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 842310

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Saturday, Jun 20, 2015 at 17:41

Saturday, Jun 20, 2015 at 17:41
That wasn't good advice by me, Red. :-)

That URL box is, I think, if you wish to load a photo from somewhere other than your own My Pictures files.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 842311

Follow Up By: Nomadic Navara - Sunday, Jun 21, 2015 at 08:50

Sunday, Jun 21, 2015 at 08:50
Bigred13, to answer your question above you need to know the meaning of URL. From this page we get the definition:

"URL is an acronym for Uniform Resource Locator and is a reference (an address) to a resource on the Internet."

Everything that is on the web is a resource. URL is just shorthand for the page or photo whereabouts (or address.) ExplorOz has many URLs, there is one for every page, you can view the one for the page you are viewing in the address line at the top of your browser. You will note that change every time you visit a new page.

Your picture is a resource but it is not on the web until you post it. When you click on "Insert Images & Files" you get two options. You use the "Add Photos & Files" option.

After you have posted your photo it will have a URL. To find it you right click on the photo and select the option "Copy Image Location" (in Firefox, may be a similar name in other browsers.) If you then right click into a word processor page and select "Paste" the URL will appear in that document. You can also paste that URL into the address line in a browser and your picture will show without the rest of the page it came from. You can do this trick with someone elses photos to post them in your replies.

Play around with this and see what you can do with the web.
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 842321

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Saturday, Jun 20, 2015 at 14:43

Saturday, Jun 20, 2015 at 14:43
Yes it is allowed to put photos on the forum, but I guess it has to be relevant to the post.

When you are starting a post or replying to another, (like I am here) on the bottom of the page you will see "Insert Images & Files".
Click on this button and a window will appear.
Click on "Add Photos & Files" and you can then select the photo from a directory on your computer and add a title.

If you wish to load pictures attached to your Member Profile, this is done from the "My Profile" link in a similar fashion.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

AnswerID: 556174

Reply By: Idler Chris - Saturday, Jun 20, 2015 at 18:04

Saturday, Jun 20, 2015 at 18:04
If you are meaning adding photo's of "Places" you have been, click on the "Places" tab, search for the Place, and there is a button to add photo's to that Place. Just remember that the Places database is to provide information about that place so try to keep your photo's relevant to the place. ie family snaps are not. If you see anything in the "Places" database that has changed or you think is wrong there is an Alert the Places Administrator button where you can give details and have it corrected.
What other people think of me is none of my business.
Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 556180

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Saturday, Jun 20, 2015 at 22:12

Saturday, Jun 20, 2015 at 22:12
Bigred13,

If you are using the mobile site the image upload is not finished just yet. It is written just not tested and installed, one of the jobs i have been meaning to get done for ages. If full site or desktop then the advise above is correct.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 556184

Sponsored Links