oziexplorer configuration.

Submitted: Friday, Jun 26, 2015 at 22:48
ThreadID: 119306 Views:2799 Replies:3 FollowUps:23
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guys. Anyone know how to change the colour of a loaded user track file in oziexplorer. Mine loads as red which is hard to follow as the map i use most of the minor roads are in red. Everything else is pretty simple eg changing the waypoint colour, pointer colour etc.
Cheers Graeme
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: vk1dx - Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 00:03

Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 00:03
Open the track control menu, highlight the loaded track and double click it to get to the edit track screen. I think that's right. It all extends from the track control menu.

Just tried it. I was right for once. Don't forget to save as you exit that edit screen.

Phil
AnswerID: 556399

Follow Up By: Member - graeme W (WA) - Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 14:54

Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 14:54
Hi Phil. Should have said its on an android device . Seem to be able to change everything else except the colour of the loaded track. Spent more than an hour last night and cant find a way. With every other change eg pointer colour and size , colour of the track you are making ,width etc with the samsung there is no save button so you just exit ozi and load again and the changes are there. Track naming is simple as well , just go to the my files menu ,oziexplorer, tracks , find the track you want to save which will have a date and time , click on it and you can tick a box that allows you to rename , delete etc, other wise you end up with hundreds of tracks with a date and time. Every time ozi is loaded in android a track is saved even if you dont want it. Waypoints are different in android and are done the same way but in the ozi program under menu ,waypoints etc. Some of my waypoints show as blue even though the colour selected is yellow.Most are yellow.
cheers Graeme.
FollowupID: 842581

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 15:58

Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 15:58
You missed one tiny thing. I said to edit the track from the Track Control menu.

Try this:

1. Open the Track control window,
2. Select the track you want to change,
3. Double click the selected track,
4. The Track properties window should now be displayed.
5. Edit the colours, sizes and name etc as you wish,
6. Click Save to save the new properties, and
7. Click Close to return to the Track control window.

Is that easier?

Phil

PS I did this on the PC version and it is the same as the WindowsCE version that I have the the dash mounted box in the car.
FollowupID: 842587

Follow Up By: Member - graeme W (WA) - Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 20:29

Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 20:29
Hi Phil. Thanks also. Using android steps are open ozi, load track, go to menu in ozi, go to operation, open user track list, only the track or tracks loaded will show, hold finger on the track which then allows colour and width to be changed. As i replied to Laurie all mine should have been blue anyway as thats the colour i use as we travel. Would you have any idea why some of my waypoints show as blue when the selected colour is yellow. Certainly better doing this at home, i could not follow the track on thursday out in the bush looking for a certain tree, got there from memory in the end, two years last time i was there.
Thanks Graeme
FollowupID: 842599

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 21:04

Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 21:04
Pretty much the same here. I don't have any android, iphones or pads etc etc boxes. I don't even know what Android means and to tell you the truth don't want to know. I left all the computer and IT stuff behind when I retired. And damned glad I did. We couldn't care a hoot about the latest box/gizmo or what's trending, never did, thus there is no chance of changing from what we have. It works quite nicely thank you.

I don't even any internet on the phone and don't want it. I often just leave it at home.

I guess by now you get the picture.

I know Ozi PC and CE options and so do the sons.

Phil
FollowupID: 842602

Reply By: Zebra400 - Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 06:48

Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 06:48
Graeme, you can change a track's colour by editing it in the track control window.
But you can also change the track defaults in the configuration file. Just click on FILE in the main menu, then select Configuration (the short cut to this is Alt C).
Now select the track tab. You will see there are 3 defaults you can change. That is, you can change the thickness of the track line , its colour & the line style.
Laurie

AnswerID: 556401

Follow Up By: Sand Man (SA) - Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 08:28

Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 08:28
Spot on Laurie.

That is the best and permanent way to change the track attributes.
I have always configured my OziExplorer to a Blue line colour default, which highlights against the normal Red colour for a road or track.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 842553

Follow Up By: Zebra400 - Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 09:04

Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 09:04
Bill, I used to use blue & red, but I found some Victorian using red & blue for main roads, so it made it hard to see my tracks.
So I change my default colours depending on which maps I am using.
Laurie
FollowupID: 842557

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 09:18

Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 09:18
Better to change them individually. That way you can classify them by colour to show some meaningful to you. Like how hard, not to be missed, boring or must do next time up that way.

I forgot to say in my first post that if you load or move a track into a track number other than one ("1") then you can use it as a guide to follow. It won't try and "link" to your current position etc.

Phil
FollowupID: 842558

Follow Up By: Zebra400 - Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 10:07

Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 10:07
Phil, these are 2 different issues. Changing the config file means that when you record a track, it uses the colour in your config file.

Now once you have saved your track, you make change the olour to what you like. Your idea of different colours according to difficulty is a great idea. I like this.

I am not sure what you mean by your last comment about other than track 1.
FollowupID: 842563

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 13:06

Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 13:06
It's so many years that I changed the config that I don't know what it was as default. It's blue and a smidgin wider.

Re your last question: I rarely use waypoints and just load "old" track files or those that I get from mates etc and follow them by loading them into a track number higher than one which is reserved for the "current track" file.

I build up a track file at home of where I want to go and load it into track 2 upwards, change it's colour depending on how I expect it to be like and simply follow it.

I have atrack file from a fellow forumite already loaded in to Track Number 2 for our soon to happen madigal Line crossing of the Simpson. It's there waiting and will com into view when we get to Mt dare.

Even though I rarely use waypoints, I also loaded a waypont file with a series of Waypoints for the various camps. Each waypoint has a trigger to play a short audio file warning me that "Camp number "x" is close".

Hows that?

Phil
FollowupID: 842573

Follow Up By: Zebra400 - Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 13:48

Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 13:48
Phil, with the latest version of Ozi, tracks can be loaded in any track number. Track 1 is not like it used to be. The tail does not store in Track 1 anymore, so you can use track 1 to load a track.

The only reason you may wish to keep track 1 free is that if you want to place the last 10,000 points in your track log. This option is available under the Moving Map menu as an option to copy track tail to track 1.
As I dont use this option often, I can use track 1 for my 1st loaded track.
Laurie
FollowupID: 842577

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 14:10

Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 14:10
Well there you go. I thought that it was only a screen layout change. I changed back to my screens.

Do you know if I can still load a track, lets say into track 2, and follow it as I described? I am only talking about OziCE also. We only use Ozi in the dash mounted box.

I have no need for that saving thing you were talking about. I usually save the whole track log for a trip and edit out the lines that I don't want, when back home.

We don't Take any other electronics with us. No good in the deserts. Also have been known to "forget" the old (very) Nokia phone. No interest in staying in touch when away.

Phil
FollowupID: 842578

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 14:11

Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 14:11
Laurie See the PM I just sent you.

Phil
FollowupID: 842579

Follow Up By: Member - graeme W (WA) - Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 15:19

Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 15:19
Hi Laurie. No probs changing everything except a saved track file that i want to follow. Its on an android device and been using for a few years. A loaded saved track file , i name all mine eg this one is {fire wood loop} where i found some nice jarrah used to load in a blue colour and now is red for some reason. The only thing ive done is the latest update. Changed all the colours in config, tracks menu and still loads as red.
cheers Graeme
FollowupID: 842584

Follow Up By: Zebra400 - Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 15:39

Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 15:39
Graeme, the config file in the android version will only change the colour of your recorded tracks.
To change the colour of a particular laded track, you need to go to your User track List and push & hold your finger on the track you want to change. Select Edit Properties, then change the colour and/or the track width.
Ozi should load your track with the colours & track width you originally saved it as, but if it is not right, then use the above method to fix.
Laurie
FollowupID: 842586

Follow Up By: Member - graeme W (WA) - Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 20:16

Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 20:16
Hi Laurie. Thanks, just home from work and changed it. You have to actually load the track before it appears in the track list. Bit weird the way some things are done inside the programme and others outside in the tabs memory. I have always had the pointer and track blue so how this came to be red is a bit confusing. As far as i know all my saved tracks were saved as blue. Do you have any idea why some of my waypoints are blue when the selected colour is yellow. Most are yellow.
Thanks Graeme.
FollowupID: 842598

Follow Up By: Member - graeme W (WA) - Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 20:36

Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 20:36
Hi Guys. Just checked the first 10 of my saved tracks and they are all red which can only have happened from downloading the lastest update. Thats the only thing i can think of.
Cheers Graeme.
FollowupID: 842600

Follow Up By: Zebra400 - Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 23:28

Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 23:28
Graeme, what colour is showing in your config file for tracks. Is it red?
Laurie
FollowupID: 842604

Follow Up By: Member - graeme W (WA) - Sunday, Jun 28, 2015 at 10:52

Sunday, Jun 28, 2015 at 10:52
Hi Laurie. Its blue and always has been.
Cheers Graeme.
FollowupID: 842614

Follow Up By: Zebra400 - Sunday, Jun 28, 2015 at 13:47

Sunday, Jun 28, 2015 at 13:47
Hi Graeme. just did a check of the config file in Ozi Android & noticed that you cant change the colour of the recorded track log file until after it is created.

The colour you have changed in your config file is the colour for the Track Trail.

The log track files are all coloured red with a track width of 2.

The only way to change the colour, is to select the saved log track file & change its colour manually.

Laurie
FollowupID: 842619

Follow Up By: Member - graeme W (WA) - Sunday, Jun 28, 2015 at 14:52

Sunday, Jun 28, 2015 at 14:52
Hi Laurie.
Thats right and red is a stupid colour. This is going to catch a lot of people, i recon its only after the lastest update because my smart phone has the programme as well and they were all blue before.
Cheers Graeme.
FollowupID: 842623

Reply By: vk1dx - Sunday, Jun 28, 2015 at 14:11

Sunday, Jun 28, 2015 at 14:11
Some advice above on changing track file properties.

Protecting saved track files:

I have noticed that sometimes because of an update or for a reason that only Bill Gates can explain, saved track files propeties can inexplicably change. ie colour, thickness etc.

I got quite annoyed of this happening and then having to change them back. So I set the actual track file attributes to "READ ONLY".

Yes it means that Ozi will kick up a stink if you try to change and save it without firstly changing the file attributes to read/write.

Why:
I have set my saved files up with colours that depict a certain track grade, named according to sights/locality and thick enough to see at a glance when driving and not confused with a river (rivers and creeks are blue in some maps) and run me into a swamp etc. I don't want any update or Gates attack to change them. No way.

Phil
AnswerID: 556448

Follow Up By: Member - graeme W (WA) - Sunday, Jun 28, 2015 at 14:56

Sunday, Jun 28, 2015 at 14:56
Hi Phil. Recon you are right im fairly sure the lastest update has done this. I have around a hundred tracks i now have to load and individually change back to blue.
Cheers Graeme.
FollowupID: 842624

Follow Up By: Zebra400 - Sunday, Jun 28, 2015 at 14:59

Sunday, Jun 28, 2015 at 14:59
Phil, point taken.

With colours, it depends on whether you are using Ozi desktop, Ozi Android or Ozi CE. Each has is its own ways of setting track colours. If I recall, OziCE will not use the colour you have in your track file from the desktop. it only allows certain colours depending on which track number you load them into. I havent used the latest version of Ozi CE, so i dont know whether this has changed, but assume not.
As we have found out, Ozi desktop allows you to set all colours, but Ozi Android doesnt let you set the log track file by default.
Laurie
FollowupID: 842625

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Sunday, Jun 28, 2015 at 16:11

Sunday, Jun 28, 2015 at 16:11
I never noticed a difference between Ozi PC and Ozi CE for track colours. I will check that out later. I use the PC to set up the tracks I want to follow on a trip and then transfer those track files to the CE box physically mounted in my dash.

I will look one day. Right now it all works okay and I really don't have any of the troubles you guys are talking about. Then again I have never "fiddled" with software and settings. I tend to just use the default as much as I can. Used to develope programs for things that circle the earth so I am not a novice to IT. Maybe that's why I don't fiddle.

Any will look at any difference in the track file colours between the car and the house. It may depend on the quality of the screen. As far as I know ours is HD. Hmmmm

Footy's on Hooroo

Phil

FollowupID: 842630

Sponsored Links