RG Colorado Snorkel

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 27, 2015 at 20:53
ThreadID: 119316 Views:5109 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

Thinking of fitting a snorkel to my Colorado.

The wife likes the look of the Genuine Holden one so that might be what we go for.

Does anyone have one fitted, if so could I get some feedback, ie, wind noise, issues, performance, etc.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Crocles
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Sunday, Jun 28, 2015 at 09:32

Sunday, Jun 28, 2015 at 09:32
Hi Crocles,

Can't help with the Genuine Holden one, but I can recommend the Safari brand, as I have on my earlier model RC Colorado. The Safari brand is a proven performer on any marque of vehicle they are fitted to.

Probably cheaper than the Holden brand too and they also look good and perform really well.
Available from ARB and Opposite Lock outlets who will also install them for you.

Safari Snorkel for RG Colorado

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 556437

Follow Up By: Member - Crocles - Sunday, Jun 28, 2015 at 20:39

Sunday, Jun 28, 2015 at 20:39
Thanks Sand Man
FollowupID: 842641

Reply By: danielleNwayne - Thursday, Jul 02, 2015 at 09:43

Thursday, Jul 02, 2015 at 09:43
Hi Crocles

We to have fitted a Safari snorkel to our 2012 Colorado. It has been fine looks good, not noisy and my partner fitted it himself. I am not a snorkel person think they look horrible on a lot of 4wds but must admit this one is not to bad at all. Cant help you with the genuine holden one tho sorry.

Danielle
AnswerID: 556570

Follow Up By: danielleNwayne - Thursday, Jul 02, 2015 at 11:08

Thursday, Jul 02, 2015 at 11:08
hi

my partner also said better fuel economy and he reckons the holden look horrible lol

danielle
FollowupID: 842810

Reply By: slats - Saturday, Aug 01, 2015 at 15:10

Saturday, Aug 01, 2015 at 15:10
I picked up my colorado 7 yesterday. Complete with factory snorkel. I havent noticed any extra noise from the one I test drive without it.

I do have one concern though and hope someone can answer. Where the air intake disappears into the guard under the bonnet is quite a way from where the snorkel attaches to the outside.

Now I know they should be connected...I've looked at other snorkels for the colorado and they all extend down to the front of the guard closer to where the intake actually is under the bonnet. What are the chances the factory snorkel isn't actually connected and just feeds "fresh air" into the guard??

Goes into ARB in a couple of weeks for the rest of it's accesories!!! soonest I could get it in
AnswerID: 588203

Sponsored Links