Murray Houseboat Co. Recommendations

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 01, 2015 at 16:56
ThreadID: 119361 Views:1974 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Bit “off topic”. But I figure EO’ers would be as good to ask as anyone.

We’re from Adelaide and got a week off in July so thinking about a short / relaxing houseboat trip on the Murray, somewhere between Mannum and Renmark. Preferably closer to the Mannum end and not too expensive.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Pete Jackman (SA) - Wednesday, Jul 01, 2015 at 17:28

Wednesday, Jul 01, 2015 at 17:28
Mannum going up river is nice with a lot of good stopping points. We have also gone from Murray Bridge but you cannot get very far in the first day and there is no stopping between Avoca Dell and Mannum.

There are a lot based at Blanchetown and the river is nice both north and south from there.

We have always headed upstream first as you travel a lot faster on your way back down with the current.

Cheers

Peter
Any mug can be uncomfortable out bush

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 556561

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Wednesday, Jul 01, 2015 at 18:14

Wednesday, Jul 01, 2015 at 18:14
We have done several houseboat trips from Mannum and also Morgan.

Unless you know a contact with an owner, where the price would be slightly lower, all I can suggest is you do a little research first, then maybe contact Kia Marina at Mannum, who have a range of privately owned boats for hire.
Check the right hand side of the links below and you can enter things such as number of berths, dates required, etc. to get an idea of the cost.
Peter and family and their staff at Kia Marina are great people to deal with. We have only fond memories of several trips we have done from this base.

Houseboat Hirers Association

Kia Marina

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 556563

Reply By: jdpatrol - Thursday, Jul 02, 2015 at 10:55

Thursday, Jul 02, 2015 at 10:55
thanks Peter & Bill

Kia boats look good
AnswerID: 556572

Sponsored Links