HN7 & OziExplorer upgrade

I purchased a Hema Navigator HN7 loaded with EOTopo last July 2014. I believe that there has been an upgrade since. Could somebody tell me if the upgrade relates to only one or the other programs or both and if that upgrade is considerable enough to purchase.
Also, if I decide, how do I go about buying it?
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Wednesday, Jul 08, 2015 at 07:39

Wednesday, Jul 08, 2015 at 07:39
Are you sure it was EOTopo?
The Nagivator comes standard with the Hema range of mapping for use by OziExplorer and iGo (street navigation) is a separate application.

EOTopo is usually bought as a separate set of digital mapping used by OziExplorer and produced by David, the site owner.
There is an upgrade to OZTopo available. Just click on the EOTopo tab at the top of the page to see further details of purchasing options.
The iGo application is updated from time to time via the NaviExtras Toolbox update facility that you install on a PC.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 556769

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Wednesday, Jul 08, 2015 at 11:21

Wednesday, Jul 08, 2015 at 11:21
Hi Bill

You can buy the HN7 From the Exploroz shop with EoTopo preloaded

HN7 + EoTopo Option

We must assume that this is what bigbadbubba has purchased. If this is in fact he case he/she shouldn't need to purchase any new EoTopo map updates as it comes with free lifetime updates.

Owners/Purchasers of EoTopo can get the current version of the product by logging in to the EO website in the usual manner, then click on the EoTopo Tab, then the Download option. A new page will open and down the page will be "Purchased Downloads" . Agree to the T&C's and a list of files you can download will appear. If you can't get this to happen contact administration for advice.

Cheers
Greg

PS: Oztopo is a different product to EoTopo and shouldn't be used as an alternative name for the 200K maps - it is confusing.
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 843051

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Adele - Wednesday, Jul 08, 2015 at 11:37

Wednesday, Jul 08, 2015 at 11:37
Hi Member - bigbadbubba,

There are three sets of mapping on the Hema Navigator 7 - EOTopo Edition.

The first is the street mapping, which as Sand Man (SA) points out can be updated via the NaviExtras system (updates are free of charge for 2 years)

The second is Hema maps, which do not come with downloadable updates, however you are welcome to contact Hema to arrange to return the unit for a full update (maps and software) - this is something that you would probably only consider once the unit becomes older (eg 3+ years), and does have a cost attached.

The third are the EOTopo Maps, The Explorer is correct that these maps come with a Lifetime Upgrade program, however upgrades are not free of charge but are available at significantly discounted pricing (at present it is $75 off the RRP/Member Price of these maps). You also have the option of purchasing these on SD, USB or as a Download product, depending on what suits you. For loading onto the Navigator I would suggest either the USB or Download option.

When a new version is released we send an email to all customers that have purchased this product (both EOTopo and HN7 - EOTopo edition customers) to let you know that the new version is available, and how to obtain this product at a discounted rate. A new 2015 version was released back in October last year and an email was sent as per the above, I have just sent you a copy of this so that you can obtain the new maps if you would like.

This was a significant update so I think it would be worthwhile having, for more information on EOTopo Update history, please go to the EOTopo Page, then click on EOTopo Updates.

Online Shop- Adele

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 556786

Follow Up By: Sand Man (SA) - Wednesday, Jul 08, 2015 at 11:46

Wednesday, Jul 08, 2015 at 11:46
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the clarification, but I am still somewhat confused.

I bought the original EoTopo on USB,
then had to pay for an upgrade to 2015.1 again on USB.

On accessing the EPTopo Download link I am advised I haven't paid for the download update option.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 843052

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Adele - Wednesday, Jul 08, 2015 at 12:04

Wednesday, Jul 08, 2015 at 12:04
Hi Bill,

Each EOTopo Product is viewed as a separate item, so for example, if you have only purchased the USB version, you do not have access to the Download version. However when you purchase an upgrade you can use the Lifetime Upgrade Program to purchase any version to upgrade to that you like (so for example, if you purchased the 2014 version on SD, you could have purchased 2015 on SD or USB or Download).

It sounds like you have the latest version of the maps so there shouldn't be a need to Download them until we release the 2016 version, at which stage you'll be sent the information on how to do this via email (once again you'll have the option to purchase the upgrade on either SD, USB or as a Download).

I hope this information helps, and if you require any further clarification, please just let me know.
Online Shop- Adele

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 843053

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Wednesday, Jul 08, 2015 at 12:55

Wednesday, Jul 08, 2015 at 12:55
Sorry Bill

I am obviously not fully up to speed with the various purchase/download/upgrade options. Thankfully Adele has clarified the situation. I should have kept my mouth shut :)

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 843056

Sponsored Links