Muloorina Homestead

Submitted: Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 11:47
ThreadID: 11974 Views:2725 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
A group of us are planning at visit to Lake Eyre in June. It is the first trip of this type for some of our group and they are still at the stage of needing the luxuries of toilets and showers. We have been told that there is a good camping ground at Muloorina Homestead, but we have conflicting reports of facilities available. Can anyone please clarify for us what facilities there are at thhe campground.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Eric Experience. - Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 22:17

Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 22:17
Glenmac.
The camp ground is good in that there are shade trees and hot bore water but there is no toilets or showers, the fee is by donation to RFDS. You will not see any water in lake eyre from the south end. Eric.
AnswerID: 53968

Follow Up By: glenmac - Tuesday, Apr 13, 2004 at 07:17

Tuesday, Apr 13, 2004 at 07:17
Eric
Thanks for the reply. It looks like we might have to find another spot to camp considering the requirements of part of our group.Either that or I just wont mention anything.Regarding Lake Eyre, we were thinking about taking a flight over it.

Glenmac
FollowupID: 315632

Reply By: Vince NSW - Tuesday, Apr 13, 2004 at 08:24

Tuesday, Apr 13, 2004 at 08:24
Glenmac,
Don't know where Eric got his info. There were toilets there last time I looked. The water in the billabong get hotter the closer you get to the bore and is great for a swim on a cold morning
Vince
AnswerID: 53997

Reply By: Pesty - Tuesday, Apr 13, 2004 at 12:52

Tuesday, Apr 13, 2004 at 12:52
glenmac,
You could stray in marree and spend the day out there, but as previously said there is nothing but salt on the lake. Word of warning if you stay at marree stay at the c/park at the end of the birdsville track in my experience (twice) it has better facilities. An even better place is clayton bore with showers and toilets and a excellent artestion spa all for a donation, 55kms up the birdsville track. Enjoy.

Cheers Steve
AnswerID: 54013

Sponsored Links