Sell a car in Cairns

Submitted: Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 16:15
ThreadID: 11977 Views:3083 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello
I'm just about to finish my travels in Oz and want to sell my car (HJ60 Landcruiser) in Cairns. Can anybody point me to some useful places where to sell a car in Cairns (On the street or on the net...)? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Tom
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 17:47

Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 17:47
Thomas, you could always try the Trader section in the menu selection above as the readership here is always good.
AnswerID: 53939

Reply By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 18:16

Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 18:16
Hello Thomas and Nikki - hope you have had a wonderful time and hope to see you again in Australia. Best of luck selling the car. Was good to meet you.
Ruth and Ian
AnswerID: 53944

Reply By: Nav_man - Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 18:31

Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 18:31
Hello Thomas,
You could try 4x4's Galore in Cairns (Ph 40317233) i sold my patrol there a couple of years ago and i found them to be reasonable, or another well known place in cairns is, Cairns 4wd cars & commercials (ph 40513011), if you have no luck there you could always try to sell at an auction on ebay.
I hope this is some help to you and good luck.

Regards
AnswerID: 53946

Reply By: Slammin - Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 22:37

Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 22:37
The Esplanade in Cairns has always been a popular place to sell & buy for backpackers I was there last year and it was still thriving after 15 odd years that I know of.

Deal is, you setup your car with any camping equip or whatever you want to get rid of or lure buyers with and sit around and wait it out, I'm sure plenty of people there will help you out as to what the laws and transfer requirements, parking laws etc are. It's a nice social scene really more than a car yard where you're going to lose some $'s in commissions. The majority of cars, are station wagons and vans so a 4wd on offer should be in your favour. If it was me I would get a listing in the local rag as well, set myself a time limit at the Esplanade and if no luck head to the car yards with a story of I might sell it here or drive down to Sydney I've got a friend etc whatever, I definitely wouldn't say I've got to fly out tomorrow.

The other good thing with the Esplanade is that you know the vehicle is going to be used for more touring and that with the trust and camaraderie of a group with similar ideals and needs that hopefully, for the buyer, the vehicle is roadworthy and less likely to be a smoking, bog & rust moneymaker from the wreckers. Some of the vehicles I have seen have been thru multiple backpacker owners and are well looked after.
AnswerID: 53970

Reply By: Pesty - Tuesday, Apr 13, 2004 at 12:37

Tuesday, Apr 13, 2004 at 12:37
Hi.
Willem was looking for a new steed not sure of progress as I have been away.

Cheers Steve
AnswerID: 54010

Sponsored Links