Yadboro Flat CA (NSW)

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 15, 2004 at 14:53
ThreadID: 12074 Views:5280 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Anyone been to Yadboro Flat camping area in Yadboro Flat State Forest? It is inland from Ulladulla on the Clyde River.
Looking to head there Anzac Day weekend and looking for feedback especially with regards to bass fishing, and dog friendliness ratings.

link text

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Des - Friday, Apr 16, 2004 at 12:36

Friday, Apr 16, 2004 at 12:36
We were there in Feb. Didn't camp there, but had lunch and it is a pleasant spot, although a bit overgrown with weeds. Only facility is one toilet. There was no-one there, even though it was a Saturday.

There are two other places in the area that I thought would be better for camping. One is Blue Gum Flat (also on Clyde R) and the other is called, um, um ... (can't remember the name, but it is at the beginning of the walk to The Castle, down a short track from the Western Distributor track). I think the latter is in the Morton NP, so you probably can't take your dog there. From memory Blue Gum Flat is outside the park, so should be OK. Maybe check with the rangers at Ulladulla or Batemans Bay.

Can't comment on the fishing!

We followed the trip described by Ron Moon (under Pigeon House) in "Discover Aust by 4WD". Only one 4WD track (Cattleman's Tk, pretty easy) in the trek, but well worth it. The view from Mogood Lookout is great.

Cheers,
Des
AnswerID: 54519

Follow Up By: Squid - Friday, Apr 16, 2004 at 18:30

Friday, Apr 16, 2004 at 18:30
Thanks Des the lack of crowds sounds promising. I will investigate the other camping options as suggested.

Cheers
FollowupID: 316209

Sponsored Links