EVIL WILLIAM (not WILLEM)

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 00:35
ThreadID: 12149 Views:1670 Replies:22 FollowUps:9
This Thread has been Archived
how long must we paying members put up with the useless childish banter of this idiot .
get his ip and ban it

bringing down the mood and other people wont share good info if he is carrying on at everyone like this?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Gajm (VIC) - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 02:12

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 02:12
Just ignore it, it's just mindless dribble by someone who obviously doesn't have much else in his life. I personaly don't mind it, because it makes me appreciate what a great bunch of people there are on this forum, who contribute with constructive advice and comments.

I won't lose any sleep over any comments this person can come up with, just tune it out like you would one of those little yappy dogs that are trying to get attention, that's really all it is.
AnswerID: 54775

Reply By: maddog - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 06:42

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 06:42
I've lurked on this site for ages getting a lot of excellent advice. I have considered becoming a member. However with people like WILLIAM accessing the site and abusing people I think I'll take my cash somewhere else. Moderators take notice you will lose people if idiots like WILLIAM are allowed to continue.
AnswerID: 54776

Follow Up By: KiwiAngler - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 07:26

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 07:26
Unfortunately MD there isnt anywhere you can go and NOT run into ppl like this, just as in life. Look at how many +ve ppl there are here and how many -ve pll and you will see it is still the best place to be :-)
ps

Dont let the ratbags win :-)
FollowupID: 316473

Follow Up By: Member - Jiarna (SA) - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 11:22

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 11:22
I agree with KiwiAngler. When you filter out the people who have missed a few doses of their medication, or who have logged on to the prison guard's computer, you are left with 99.9% good stuff. If we all left this forum to WILLIAM, he'd have it to himself until he is put back in his cell, and we'd have to start again. Not worth it. Just ignore him.
Those who say something cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 316489

Reply By: Dave from Fraser Coast 4WD Club - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 07:25

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 07:25
He did seem to have quite a busy day yesterday..

..sounds an awful lot like someone that we all know and love, doesn't he!
AnswerID: 54777

Reply By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 07:26

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 07:26
Be warned - there is another one on at the moment as well. Just trying to stir, you know what. I intend to ignore the one I know about.
AnswerID: 54778

Reply By: GO_OFFROAD - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 08:40

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 08:40
Good idea,
debating obviously wasnt some peoples strong point in education, but most manage to get the point across without questioning what grade the did, or if the teacher was bribed, and some even offer advise on the topic the thread is about.

I think Willliam is someone school aged themselves, who gets bored...
AnswerID: 54781

Reply By: Member Eric - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 08:56

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 08:56
Look guys , you only make it worse if you argue with someone, I have learnt from the past when I tried a group purchase . Dont justify yourself , If someone adds a silly or offensive comment , just ignore it , I find they usually dont hang around much, or they change there tune .
AnswerID: 54783

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 09:30

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 09:30
Definitely Eric, when you get down into the pig sty with them you soon realise they like being there!
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 316483

Follow Up By: Baz (NSW) - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 09:41

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 09:41
I figured he is lonely and seeking attention. Remember that old saying, ignore it and it will go away.

Baz.
FollowupID: 316485

Follow Up By: Member - Gajm (VIC) - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 14:17

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 14:17
If no one bites when he does his childish comments then he will get bored and go back onto the playstation, just don't get sucked in
FollowupID: 316498

Follow Up By: Member - Sparky - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 19:40

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 19:40
Unfortunately I took his bait yesterday...should have left it alone. I was in one of those moods and couldn't help it. With people like that, one shouldn't take things personally...

I appreciate the advice and comments I have received over the last year and hope that I can make a positive contribution...I know I won't always be right on everything but do hope that my contribution is as helpful as what I have received. It is certainly worth being a member of something you use and benefit from.

Thanks again everyone!

Sparky
FollowupID: 316535

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 10:17

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 10:17
Folks, we just are having the reminder that school holidays are on for another day here for another day. It is dissapointing that any sensible discussion thread for information will be upset byt the commentary of William.

I said to Truckster on ICQ last night I think it is the same guy who was suggesting the river crossings in a 2by in the high country and also talking about 4by hoons the previous holidays. Just rememer we all had a childhood but it would be hard to say his commentary is artful.

Pay up the membership guys, I am only too please to show mine with a wheel cover and stickers and remember the childish yahoo will be back to his homework.
AnswerID: 54788

Reply By: ThePublican - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 11:24

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 11:24
Ozi + Phillis = William , as surely as the sun rises every morning .
AnswerID: 54792

Reply By: GOB & denny vic member - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 12:52

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 12:52
goodday all
yes funny how" fillus" disappeared straight after easter . but remember school holidays are almost over and some of these pests have to return to school and leave us alone
steve

AnswerID: 54803

Reply By: GO_OFFROAD - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 15:38

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 15:38
Interesting comments to ignore him added here, when his own thread would be way more attention than posting in a thread here or there.

I dont see anything wrong with drawing the odd one in, to see what they really know, but this forum does seem to lack a moderator, who could just give the flick to any IP which used abuse, rather than questioning when the odd stir occurs.
AnswerID: 54813

Reply By: cokeaddict - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 16:06

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 16:06
Hmmmm , I guess i must be enjoying my social life alot more lately, cause i sure missed whatever it was he said in here.
Going from what you all said about this person, I dont think I'll even bother checking.

But just my shillings worth anyway, It wouldnt bother me what he said. As i base my interest in things on this forum by what i read, If the story catches my eye, i read it. If i find there are too many commercials..i change channels.
AnswerID: 54817

Reply By: The Publican - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 17:50

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 17:50
The information William posts is factual and technical excellence. The fact is the guy is way to smart for the majority of you, and as he said, you find it confronting which is only natural. Take the knowledge that the guy posts and put it to good use.
AnswerID: 54830

Follow Up By: Andrew - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 18:37

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 18:37
Yep, but its his poor interpersonal skills that make him more of a hindrance than a help.
FollowupID: 316527

Follow Up By: Member - Gajm (VIC) - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 22:22

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 22:22
I read his some of his posts and they were very informative, and thought that the guy certainly knew his stuff, then all of a sudden it degenerated to the point where I had to check to make sure the other posts were from the same person, the name Cybil actualy came to mind
FollowupID: 316566

Reply By: paul - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 18:15

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 18:15
We all, those who have visited here for a few years, know who he is and that he hanged out at the overlander site for a while and seems to back with a guise cause he can't deal with the truth of his real name, strange self image problems. But his modus operandi is to provide technically excellent advice (he has three trade certificates) with the worst possible manner and full of childlike idiotic personality assassination comments that are so offensive that i would contribute to his seeing a psychiatrist. I think he must have has a terrible childhood, and that fact that he has 3 trade certificates is because he was probably banned or lost so many clients due to di#$#@%d attitude that he had to get another trade.
AnswerID: 54832

Reply By: tessa_51 - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 18:28

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 18:28
Perhaps the best way to deal with people like this is to ignore them and they usually go away to find someone else to offend who will bite back.

Tessa
AnswerID: 54834

Reply By: Paul's lot - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 19:19

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 19:19
Everyone has an opinion. And everyone is entitled to express an opinion. Thats what it's all about. You can choose to ignore or reject someone elses opinion or you can pick up the ball and run with it. Problem is that when you react to something that in your opinion is rediculous or wrong or stupid and you do it over and over you tend to become the demon you are knocking. I say this because I wasn't on for William's posts yesterday so went back and read them all objectively and after it was all said and done in the end some of those in the ivory tower were just as guilty. And once again those who are not children will recognise that this is merely my opinion, not necessarily right or wrong and doesn't necessarily make me a liar butwithout opinions forums die. Besides he's not the first to brand someone a liar just because he hasn't seen it for him/her self I've even seen members guilty of ignorance.
AnswerID: 54850

Reply By: Rosco - Bris. - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 20:41

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 20:41
I find it interesting, to say the least, to note the gentleman concerned has not risen to the bait and deigned to respond..?
AnswerID: 54867

Reply By: Member - Meggs - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 20:46

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 20:46
Toonfish I agree with you but the answer is not so simple if the site is to remain open to visitors. As for the IP address there are several free programs on the net that are available that can be used to disguise your IP address.
I believe that if anyone wants to be a visitor they must provide a valid email address not a free address, a real name, a real address and a real telephone number.
This should go along way to filtering out the low IQ visitors from this site. In addition to this the group members should be more active in advising the site owner of a problem as it would be impossible to monitor all posts. He would be aware if members voted with their feet and left the site would collapse which is proberbly what these pests want.
AnswerID: 54870

Reply By: Nomad - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 21:33

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 21:33
Gee-Wizz fellow forumites.

This bloke has really got to you. I can't recall any of his posts. This is probably because I simply ignore any post that I'm not interested in or find to purile or "up your nose".

Remember the way kids act. They tease each other and the more one bites back, the harder the others tease. If you ignore then they go away. These people thrive on attention. A shrink would probably tell you that they are seeking self-gratification or self-reasurance. By biting at there barbs we are only feeding their self-centered needs.

This is a great forum, so lets just get on with the business of being good intentioned forumites and ignore anyone who gets up our individual noses.

Cheers

Nomad
AnswerID: 54883

Reply By: Rick Blaine - Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 22:15

Sunday, Apr 18, 2004 at 22:15
just remember there are genuinly insane people in here like me....I do try & remember my medication, alas at times.... but at least I get a TPI pension because of my insanity. I do try not to offend but years of being offended have taken their toll...if I do make an offensive remark please let me know..
AnswerID: 54893

Reply By: Member - Toonfish - Monday, Apr 19, 2004 at 00:00

Monday, Apr 19, 2004 at 00:00
It's all good now just had to get it off my chest
I suffr from LFT
low frustration tolerance
now ive had my medication i will behave
Took my boys to Maldon historical railway today to see thomas and his friends and my eldest (2 ) went absolutely ecstatic over the trains it was such a great day to see him happy we then drove to Daylesford Station to show him some of some other class trains .
And last week he seen the Walhalla Railway .
considering im no train buff he has seen heaps of old rejuvenated engines that i never seen as a kid (and my dad was with VR for years and 2 uncles still drive goods nad met trains.

bit of topic but hey
AnswerID: 54908

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Monday, Apr 19, 2004 at 12:52

Monday, Apr 19, 2004 at 12:52
Hi all,

I just love this stuff don't you. Wasting our time on idiots.

Please just let me know about these via email - I do not always check back in the system. Did you know that I can simply delete every post made by a person in one click. If you do not like what someone is saying just let me know and I will handle it. Are there particular threads I need to be made aware of. I have read some of it and have not problem in the master delete options for all posts made by this email address (a hotmail account - what else).

Don't come to a thread and complain about moderation like some have - we have a limited number of moderators and I use our membership to alert me to issues - So alert me or there is nothing I can do.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 54951

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, Apr 22, 2004 at 22:07

Thursday, Apr 22, 2004 at 22:07
Toonfish,

Consider the WILLIAM account gone - I suspect he will come back with one of his many aliases. I have no problem in banning people and removing posts however do you know how much crap it creates. These mongrels will now come back and write abusive posts and complain about moderation, send Michelle and I personally insulting email etc etc etc. We have been down this road before anyway the account is now history alas I expect one of the others will surface.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 55595

Follow Up By: Member - Toonfish - Friday, Apr 23, 2004 at 00:07

Friday, Apr 23, 2004 at 00:07
no problems
i appreciate your efforts
FollowupID: 317467

Sponsored Links