16 weeks and planning

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 20, 2004 at 21:20
ThreadID: 12230 Views:1755 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
good evenig all

as the heading suggests 16 weeks to holiday time 4 weeks off destination Darwin but we have decided to detour to kunnanurra to have a look around but have not been that way before does anybody know what its like around timber creek and victoria river we are thinking 1 night at vic river 2 at timber ck and 4 at kunnanurra this will obviously only be a 1st trip as the more we read the more there is to see and do .we will be towing a new van so this trip will be on the blackstuff mainly but are these places safe to leave while out and about looking at the scenery

steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Nick (TAS) - Wednesday, Apr 21, 2004 at 19:29

Wednesday, Apr 21, 2004 at 19:29
Youve made a good choice going over to Kunnanurra,its one of my favorite places in Aus.Its a beautiful drive across there especially once you hit the Gregory NP.We spent one night at Timber creek,very nice,theres a couple of parks to chose from but watch out for the grumpy lady in the shop,I reacon her face would crack if she smiled.When you leave Timber Creek heading for Kunnanurra make sure you go up to the lookout,excellent views of the surrounds.We spent 5 days at Kunnanurra and are heading back up there next year,we loved it.Can reccomend staying at the Kimberleyland Holiday Park.I would suggest staying a day or two out at Lake Argyle if you can fit it in.
This area would have to be the prettiest part of Australia without-a-doubt.
AnswerID: 55373

Sponsored Links