GPS Navagation Courses

Submitted: Friday, May 31, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1236 Views:1715 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction of where I can book into a GPS course around Sydney. Preferably Between Sydney and Parramatta, but am willing to travel and make a weekend of it. Thanks in advance.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Richard - Saturday, Jun 01, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, Jun 01, 2002 at 00:00
G'Day Leeanne, The best place for a GPS course...in a quiet room in your own home. Grab the book, close the door and have a play. Shouldn't take much longer than 30-60 mins to work out the basics, then go for a drive and watch what it does. Back to the quiet room and a little more time should see you right. No harder than the first time you used a mobile phone. good luck.
AnswerID: 3957

Reply By: Member - Mal - Monday, Jun 03, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Jun 03, 2002 at 00:00
Hi Leeanne, Richard is correct to a degree. A GPS doesn't tell you where you are i.e. Poppel Corner (unless you have programmed it to). A GPS tells you at what point on a map you are. Therefore if a GPS is going to be of any use, you must first know how to map read. I'm in Brisbane so I cant help you on a course but up here some 4WD Clubs run Navigation Courses including GPS and maps and some TAFEs run courses from time to time. Hope this helps. Mal Try.
AnswerID: 3974

Reply By: David - Thursday, Jun 06, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, Jun 06, 2002 at 00:00
Hi Leeanne,

Speak to John or Julie at Getabout 4wd. They run a Sunday navigation course. Excellent!!

Dave
AnswerID: 4037

Sponsored Links