Opposite Lock Customer Service since Blacktown Franchise (NSW) Liquidation

Submitted: Monday, May 10, 2004 at 19:20
ThreadID: 12758 Views:3003 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

Just dropping a note to give all an update, and also give credit where it is due.

A summary of my issues with the Blacktown branch when they went into liquidation were as follows:

* My dual battery system is faulty and required repair
* It took me 2 weeks to get my trailer from the premises after the liquidator had shut the business down.
* My water tanks to be installed to my off road trailer were not installed. (The liquidator gave me the parts that had been already purchased)

I recieved a phone call today from one of the directors of the parent company "Opposite Lock".

After reviewing the information I had emailed him last week relating to my incomplete work that had been paid for, he stated the following (in so many words)

1. Opposite Lock has a nationwide warranty and will honor all works, either complete or incomplete.

2. As I had incomplete works on my trailer, they would approve the completion of the works at no extra charge to what I had been quoted and already paid.

3. The parent company of Opposite Lock would authorise the Brookvale (NSW) branch to co-ordinate with me to organise for the completion of the works to the trailer. As I live on in the South West of Sydney, and Brookvale is on the north side of Sydney, they understand that distance could be a problem. As such, it could be possible to engage locally based Opposite Lock subcontractor to complete the works to minimise my disruption.

4. As I had already directly engaged the services of one of the subcontractors of Blacktown Opposite Lock to find and repair the fault with the dual battery system, Opposite Lock would reimburse me for the extra expenses relating to this item.

I must also give credit to the ex Opposite Lock subcontractor who was going to fix the problem with the dual battery system for free as a PR excercise, but I thought it only fair that he should be paid for his services to fix a problem that he did not cause.

I think that it is only fair and reasonable of me to praise good business practices, on on this occasion, Opposite Lock and their ex subcontractor deserves credit for their customer service when one of their franchises has failed.

Whatever previous frustrations I had with this organisation have been handled in a professional manner.

Thanks also to others in this forum for their advice

TonyG
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Baz (NSW) - Monday, May 10, 2004 at 19:27

Monday, May 10, 2004 at 19:27
Sounds like good things came out of a bad situation, hope everything else turns out ok.

Baz.
AnswerID: 58036

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, May 10, 2004 at 19:53

Monday, May 10, 2004 at 19:53
Dude, thats awesome!
In todays society, its almost unbelieveable..

So they doing that 3inch lift and supplying the 35inch tires you also paid for? and the V8 Chev conversion, and.. .... :)~
AnswerID: 58042

Follow Up By: Member - TonyG (NSW) - Monday, May 10, 2004 at 21:28

Monday, May 10, 2004 at 21:28
Hi Truckster,

I was a bit slow and didn't think of that

Made me laugh though

TonyG
FollowupID: 319811

Reply By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Monday, May 10, 2004 at 20:07

Monday, May 10, 2004 at 20:07
Tony,
That's great news of course.
However, given that you want to provide praise to the subbie, could I suggest that you post his name for all those s.w. sydney-siders' benefit.
Just a thought.
AnswerID: 58049

Follow Up By: Member - TonyG (NSW) - Monday, May 10, 2004 at 21:36

Monday, May 10, 2004 at 21:36
Hi Roachie,

Only to happy to post his details.

Overdrive Mobile Mechanics
Contact is Dave
Based in Campbelltown Area
Contact 0408 601 617

Dave installed the following items into my car on behalf of Opposite Lock (When they were trading)

1. TX3400 UHF and aerial
2. Six 12v outlets in vehicle (Fridge, spare & kids)

Dave did the following for me directly

3. Repaired dual battery system in conjunction with QLD Rotronics supplier.
4. Wired up rear tail lights to body of GU Patrol.

Thanks

TonyG

FollowupID: 319813

Sponsored Links