Innamincka races.

Submitted: Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 15:22
ThreadID: 12902 Views:3804 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Anybody going to Innamincka, last Saturday in August, for the races? Has anybody been before with any useful suggestions? We are leaving Sydney Saturday 21st for the Flinders,Strzelecki track to Innamincka for 3 nights then back home through Nocundra , Cunnamulla, Byrock.
Have been to Innamincka 5 times before so I'm pretty familiar with the area, just not sure of what to expect at the races, facilities etc.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Steve - Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 19:57

Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 19:57
Why not call up the Trading Post at Innamincka... IMHO ... I reckon they would be the best to answer your question !!! Guessing they will probably have horses on their way to Birdsville for the following weekend Races , limited public toilets... a BBQ for a snag and a burger and a few coldies in a chest of chilled water...and no shower facilities other than the public ones opposite the pub...Tell us what u expect would be there ... especially as you have been there so often ?
AnswerID: 58738

Follow Up By: Member- Peter & Mrs Peter, Lez - Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 20:52

Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 20:52
Hmmm didnt realise it was a full moon tonight!!!
FollowupID: 320440

Reply By: Jeff (Beddo) - Sunday, May 16, 2004 at 19:09

Sunday, May 16, 2004 at 19:09
Do you drink a lot and want to see Ringers in their element, then Innaminka is the place to go. Small setup, race track and small shelter shed for the bar - great atmosphere, the locals come from all over the place - Tibooburra etc, kids and all and they party until they fall down. I had a hell hangover and it was great. Swag it.
AnswerID: 58827

Sponsored Links