Wilbinga whinger.

I don't often get Irrate at the stupidity of people but yesterday was just about the top of the list to get on my goat. My youngest grandson and I went for a drive up around wilbinga just to try out the four wheel drive out and to see a bit of country that I had never been in before. I showed My grand son how to let down the tyres as he had never done this before, put up the sand flag, and away we went. We spent a couple of hours driving around the area and I even let him have a drive as he is only fifteen no traffic around, and all was good. Any way we head back down the track to the Wanneroo road no problems pump up the tyres and proceed toward home, now this is what got up my goat, we were sitting on the speed limit, and were over taken by at least twenty vehicles doing around 120 klm/phr, a couple of the vehicles actualy chucked rubbish out of their vehicles at us, as if to say you are going to slow. three vehicles actualy over took one another on a bend, when we got to the 90 zone I slowed down again and once again we were over taken, by vehicles that were in such a hurry that they were dangerous to other road users. Not once did I see a police vehicle on Wanneroo road or a speed camera anywhere.
I don't know about the rest of the four wheel drive community but I want to live at least for a few more years, and most of the offenders were four by fours, and you guest it,the rubbish throwers were 4x4's driver passengers, that is my two bobs worth of whinging for this year
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michael H9 - Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 19:46

Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 19:46
Throwing rubbish really gets up my nose too. There is a real case for having a dash cam and having easy access to be able to submit the video to the appropriate authority. I wouldn't hesitate to dob in those pigs.
Then we need to arrange for them to only have accidents among themselves.....
AnswerID: 590525

Follow Up By: Member - Broodie H3 - Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 11:21

Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 11:21
Hi Michael,
The rubbish bit really got to me because as we were driving in a young bloke and his three sons on small Quad bikes came up behind us and as we were going slow I pulled over and let them pass, which they did, anyway a bit later on we stopped and had a chat to them and found out they were up there collecting rubbish, they live local and they come on several times a year and get the rubbish off the surrounding area they pick it up chuck it in the back of the old ute they were driving at the time, the kids get to use there quad bikes and have a bit of fun and when they do something dangerous dad is there to tell them the errors of their ways, when we left them the back of the ute was halful of cans, stubbies cardboard boxes, and all sorts of garbage and he reckons it gets worse as the summer closes in,
we only took a couple of water bottles with us, but I think I shall be investing in one of those rubbish bags that fits over you spare tyre, I could not believe the amount of litter that they had collected, so I shall be collecting to from now on.
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 858565

Reply By: Terry O - Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 20:09

Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 20:09
Last week driving along a country road that was 80km/h limit, land cruiser came towards me and the driver had a newspaper spread out on the steering wheel.
Yesterday driving in a 110km zone doing the sped limit and a car full of teenagers driven by a red P plater went past me like I was standing still and disappeared into the distance.
Then today a highway patrol car came towards me in a 50km/h zone. The officer was swigging out of a drink bottle as he was driving along. Wonder what would have happened if it was me swigging out of the bottle.
AnswerID: 590526

Reply By: Member - Outback Gazz - Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 20:40

Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 20:40
Welcome to 2015 and the " it's all about me modern society "

If I'm lucky I've probably only got another 20 more years to put up with this shyte - I would hate to see what this once great country would be like in 20 more years time to live in ?????

Happy safe and "stress free" travelling

Gazz

AnswerID: 590527

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 10:37

Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 10:37
Well said Gazz.

Pretty much in a nutshell what I worry about. My kids are all in, or rapidly approaching their 40's. So hopefully better equipped than me to deal with the "me first and last" attitude. Hopefully my grandkids can develop thicker hides tempered with a bit understanding for others.

Cheers
Pop
FollowupID: 858561

Reply By: Gronk - Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 20:41

Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 20:41
Broodie, what was the speed limit ? Was you sitting on the speed limit as per a GPS or the speedo ?

I have never had anti social behavior by someone overtaking when I was doing at or near to the GPS speed limit !
AnswerID: 590528

Follow Up By: Member - ACD 1 - Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 21:19

Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 21:19
What does it matter what speed he was doing?

What does it matter what the speed limit was?

What happens when he was "driving to the conditions" and some one decides to be anti social?

There is NO excuse for antisocial behaviour anywhere in our society.

This is particularly the case when it involves metal machines that will cause death when things go wrong. What next - someone cops a cowards punch because they were taking a leisurely walk in the park and some fitness guru wants to jog past and they were in the way.
FollowupID: 858550

Follow Up By: Gronk - Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 23:07

Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 23:07
Just trying to get my head around why at least 20 vehicles went past at 120 kph and why several chucked rubbish at him ???

Something doesn't seem right ?
FollowupID: 858551

Follow Up By: equinox - Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 23:35

Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 23:35
I hold up a fair bit of traffic on that road in my old jalopy.

It's one of those roads that could probably have the limit increased then again why is every in such a hurry.
There's overtaking lanes every 5kms or so, so what's the big deal.

Perth drivers are pretty bad though to be honest. Never had rubbish chucked at me though.
Cheers
Alan

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 858553

Follow Up By: Member - Broodie H3 - Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 09:29

Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 09:29
Hi Gronk, I use both when travelling, and they both read the same speed as I have had them both recalibrated by a company in Canningvale a few years ago now so I am pretty confidant that they are both accurate. I had that done after I put new rims and tyres on the vehicle, just so I don't get speeding tickets.
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 858559

Follow Up By: Gronk - Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 15:59

Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 15:59
So, I take it the speed limit was 100 or 110 kph and several vehicles went past at 120 kph ( or thereabouts )....I can't see any antisocial behavior there, just people going faster than you....as long as they weren't doing anything likely to endanger you !!

A couple threw rubbish out their window.....now there's some dirty grubs, but did they actually toss it at you.....or were they just grubs that threw some rubbish out the window ??
FollowupID: 858574

Follow Up By: Member - Broodie H3 - Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 17:09

Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 17:09
Hi Gronk when plastic bottles hit your windshield I am pretty sure they are aiming at you, at that particular time and zone the speed limit was 100, my cruise control was set at 103, full line on our side of the road broken on the other side, and we were over taken by three vehicles at that time.
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 858575

Follow Up By: Gronk - Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 19:15

Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 19:15
No probs mate, I didn't see where they overtook you across unbroken lines.

Very strange behavior....especially from several vehicles...I was skeptical because unless you knew them or antagonised them, I thought it was odd that a lot of vehicles would act like that.
FollowupID: 858581

Reply By: Steve in Kakadu - Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 21:16

Sunday, Sep 20, 2015 at 21:16
I have attended many accidents in my time, it is not what these twit's do around me as I will and can drive to the circumstance.

However my biggest fear is that when it go's pear shaped, I will have to deal with the after effects of their stupidity as I follow them up the highway etc.
AnswerID: 590530

Reply By: Grumblebum and the Dragon - Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 08:51

Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 08:51
I was overtaken twice yesterday on a winding country road on the crest of a blind rise.
I don't give a toss if they right themselves off - it would increase the average IQ, but it puts my and other road users lives at risk. That is unacceptable - I am going to invest in a good dash cam.

AnswerID: 590539

Follow Up By: Gronk - Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 09:07

Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 09:07
I have done a lot of overtaking in my time. even with a van on the back, and even if I don't agree with some speed limits and other things, they at least have done a good job with line marking on the roads and overtaking on crests or over double white lines is just crazy.

As for dash cams, I can see a time when they will be beamed back to a central collection point and big brother will be able to check on your every move...if they see a need !
FollowupID: 858558

Reply By: The Landy - Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 10:25

Monday, Sep 21, 2015 at 10:25
Totally agree with the sentiment, but it is worth remembering that a four wheel drive is a type of vehicle, not a type of person.

Usually the perpetrators are the same personality type, vehicles may differ, anything from a sports car, SUV, 4WD, or large transport vehicle.

As someone else mentioned, welcome to the age of it is "all about me and get out of my way cause my need to get somewhere is greater than your need for road safety..."

Phew (it's only Monday), Baz - The Landy

AnswerID: 590541

Reply By: fisho64 - Tuesday, Sep 22, 2015 at 03:10

Tuesday, Sep 22, 2015 at 03:10
there most certainly were Highway Patrol on Indian Ocean Drive yesterday.
I went past Wilbinga mid arvo and passed one just north of Lancelin and another at Jurien Bay.
AnswerID: 590576

Follow Up By: Member - Broodie H3 - Tuesday, Sep 22, 2015 at 09:28

Tuesday, Sep 22, 2015 at 09:28
Hi Fisho64,
During the week, and on most weekends on the Indian ocean drive you do see the local police patrols from Jurien Bay and Lancelin out and about, the area that I am talking about is Wanneroo road late Saturday afternoon, and trust me we saw no police patrols or cameras set up on Wanneroo road on our way up or on our return journey.
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 858598

Sponsored Links