Tourer tents

Submitted: Sunday, May 23, 2004 at 10:41
ThreadID: 13090 Views:1880 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all. Has anyone had any experience with the OzTrail Tourer 9 Plus tent? I am looking at buying one and are after comments. i.e. ease of putting up & packing away, quality, etc.

Thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: David (Bris) - Monday, May 24, 2004 at 09:29

Monday, May 24, 2004 at 09:29
Hi louie,
Before our trip last Oct, Sept, three of us bought the OzTrail Tourer 9 Plus, the fourth Member bought another brand at twice the price.After four weeks travelling (Plenty Hwy,Uluru,Rainbow Valley, Palm Valley, Chambers Pillar etc, etc,)we could not fault them.We also copped a three inch bucketing over nite at Poepples corner. I would suggest dumping the cumbersome tent bag for something smaller that you can roll the tent up into and shade cloth under the tent not only protects what is a mediocer floor, makes for a quicker pack up with a dry floor the next morning.
Cheers David
AnswerID: 59861

Reply By: Member - Andrew O - Monday, May 24, 2004 at 12:58

Monday, May 24, 2004 at 12:58
Yeah - in our group, we have 3 of these (2 have the plus, I have std). To me they seem excellent value for money, much better than any equivalent dome, and the luxury of camping under canvas, plust they go up and come down in no time at all. We've camped in some pretty poor conditions at Barrington Tops, and everyone has woken up dry. Good point with the shade cloth - I do the same thing, as the floor is a definite weak point.

Cheers
Andrew
AnswerID: 59890

Reply By: louie the fly - Monday, May 24, 2004 at 21:50

Monday, May 24, 2004 at 21:50
Thanks guys. We went ahead and bought the Tourer 9 Plus yesterday and it currently has pride of place on the back lawn, awaiting a couple of rainy days to "season" the tent as they say in the book. Trouble is we are not expecting any rain!! We also got an OzTrail 12' x 16' tarp with it for free.

The bag supplied is definately poxy. The handles are a bit long. When I (or wife) put it on our shoulder to carry it it sits on the ground. We are both sub 5' 8". I think I will dismantle the roof frame when I unpack it. It,s certainly a snap to put up compared to the tent I borrowed to take to the coorong last NYE. When I got home I was after my mate's blood.

Andrew, when are you going to Lake Eyre, or have you already been?

Cheers & keep travelling.

Louie the fly.

AnswerID: 59991

Sponsored Links