Camping Denmark

Submitted: Friday, Nov 20, 2015 at 22:40
ThreadID: 130940 Views:1742 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We are thinking of taking our camper trailer down south for a few days probably around February. Been looking at a few places and sort of narrowed it to crystal springs or parry beach. Can anyone tell from experience the difference or if you guys prefer one. Or if there is a better place down around walpole, denmark. Just for me the mrs and the little one

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: MarkLH69 - Saturday, Nov 21, 2015 at 00:08

Saturday, Nov 21, 2015 at 00:08
Had a good stay at Parrys but haven't been stayed at the other place.
Parrys is great, though it gets very busy on long weekend and school holidays.
Best to get there as early if you can to ensure you get in.
Its right on the beach and was lots of fishing off the flat rock when we were there.
Proper toilets and solar heated showers. Good shade as most small sites under trees.
Can drive on the beach too and there is also a 4wd track off the road in to Parrys too which went to some nice beaches and views.
AnswerID: 592958

Reply By: Member - Odog - Saturday, Nov 21, 2015 at 07:47

Saturday, Nov 21, 2015 at 07:47
G'day Trent , I agree, Parrys is a great spot, and cheap.. Great amenities.. And really nice setting.. We also have set up camp trailer at Banksia Camp, which is near Crystal Springs, deep sand to get in there, but also is a fabulous spot, only a drop toilet, and National Park fees apply, but beautiful setting. Camp spots are limited, so again, get in early.. They have an area for camp trailers, only enough room for maybe three trailers, and also a cabin which is first in, best dressed, but has a few rooms, which may be shared.. Cheers Odog
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 592960

Reply By: disco driver - Saturday, Nov 21, 2015 at 11:23

Saturday, Nov 21, 2015 at 11:23
As long as you are after the school holidays, there should not be a problem at either of those spots.
Here's a couple more to add to the list of potentials.
Cosy Corner (Albany Shire)
Peaceful Bay CP

Parry's Beach camping area is fairly small and often fairly full of locals. Has stay limits too but not sure how long
Cosy Corner is also reasonably small and from memory has stay limits
Peaceful Bay is a big area, lots of shady places and good 4wd and beach fishing but it is a Caravan Park so has reasonable site fees. I like this place over the others but have never used Crystal Springs

Hope this helps

Disco.
(who lives down that way)
AnswerID: 592964

Reply By: Member - MARIC - Sunday, Nov 22, 2015 at 11:19

Sunday, Nov 22, 2015 at 11:19
Another one is Betty,s Beach and Normans Beach
Turnoff near Many Peaks
It is only when you see mosquito land on your testicles that you find another way to solve problems without violence

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 592995

Reply By: Trent J1 - Sunday, Nov 22, 2015 at 15:33

Sunday, Nov 22, 2015 at 15:33
Beautiful thank you for all the suggestions
AnswerID: 593001

Sponsored Links