Thai wife and Aus Husband looking for same .

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 14, 2016 at 00:03
ThreadID: 131352 Views:3718 Replies:3 FollowUps:11
This Thread has been Archived
Hi am looking for any one married to Thai lady as interested in doing some traveling in March/April into outback initially .But are planning around Australia trip and hope to be gone at least 6months Thought I post see anyone out there interested in tagging along in any area. We are based in Adelaide thanks..
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John - Thursday, Jan 14, 2016 at 09:37

Thursday, Jan 14, 2016 at 09:37
Stephen, actually just married my Thai wife and plan to go bush when I return to Australia in March/April, give me a bell on jlsulli@bigpond.com John
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 594892

Reply By: Danna - Thursday, Jan 14, 2016 at 18:50

Thursday, Jan 14, 2016 at 18:50
Guys
what is wrong with you?
Are your wife so much better and they can't associate with Aussie women?
Dana
AnswerID: 594917

Follow Up By: Member - John - Thursday, Jan 14, 2016 at 19:08

Thursday, Jan 14, 2016 at 19:08
Danna, Of course our wives can associate with Aussie women, but the Thai as a people are very shy and reserved and as introduction to touring the Australian bush/outback, what ever you want to call it, I think that Stephen F2 has done the right thing and asked the question, if it makes it easier for both of our wives, all good. My long time travelling companions, three other couples, have all met my wife and they get on great, but the wives have all said how tough it may be for her going bush for the first time, so if she has somebody that is the same nationality as she and can relate too, all the better. Maybe see you in the bush/outback one day and we can have a yarn or three..................John
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 863485

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Thursday, Jan 14, 2016 at 19:42

Thursday, Jan 14, 2016 at 19:42
Danna or Dana, whoever you are, you really are quite insensitive.

I have very good friends in our travelling group who are mixed culture couples. Both guys are what you would probably call "dinkum Aussies". They are married to wives from different ethnic backgrounds, one Thai, one Philippine.

Both the girls struggle with our language. They find it difficult to converse and just don't get our idiom or any joke except the most obvious, which has to be situation-based, not language or culture-based. We and the group we travel with do our best, but it is clear that without their husbands by their sides to help they find it difficult to just meld into the group dynamic, much as they want to and try to. Though they would clearly like to engage more, they are often the silent partners sitting beside their husbands while the banter around the camp fire goes on.

So a husband's request to find a similar mixed-culture couple for travelling companions is not unreasonable.

Unlike the unpleasant monocultural overtones of your post.
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 863487

Follow Up By: Danna - Thursday, Jan 14, 2016 at 20:29

Thursday, Jan 14, 2016 at 20:29
Guys
I know 100% what I’m talking about! That’s why I’m not going to apologize for my reply.
In my life I had had overcome this twice and in the process had to learn two totally different languages and cultures!
You better teach your wives to learn the Aussie way as fast as possible. The best way is to have an Aussie girlfriend to help overcome difficulties. Trying to overcome different culture and language by isolating and pairing them is not helpful to them at all.
I know; it is a tough love but that’s best way!

Dana
(Danna is on registration since my name was already taken)
FollowupID: 863492

Follow Up By: Member - John - Thursday, Jan 14, 2016 at 20:42

Thursday, Jan 14, 2016 at 20:42
Danna, read what I wrote, it is an aid to the integration process, not the end of the process.............Over time we will be travelling with my long term companions as well and they will help my wife as much as they can, but the first trip maybe easier with another Thai women to share with............
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 863494

Follow Up By: Stephen F2 - Friday, Jan 15, 2016 at 00:49

Friday, Jan 15, 2016 at 00:49
Wow I did not think I would invoke such comments . And silly thing is does anyone request couples of only of Australian decent no because they maybe lucky and already have traveling friends .I have had no invites or requests as such. Funny thing is people stick together generally.
I do go camping with my wife's friends one Burmese and other Filipino have aussie husbands just the way it is, my wife's friends happen to come only from English classes.And my friends do not like camping.So I was just putting out there if there was any Thai people who like camping.My wife never requested me to do it but I reckon it be a whole lot more fun for her if she had someone of same culture. Does not mean they do not assimilate with others. My wife's English is pretty dam good and she let rip with some good Aussie sayings and expletives. If I had married friends both Aussie and they liked camping I would go with them no probs.. Cheers to those that understand ..
FollowupID: 863507

Follow Up By: Member - ACD 1 - Friday, Jan 15, 2016 at 02:04

Friday, Jan 15, 2016 at 02:04
Stephen and John

I hope you and your wives manage to hook up and have a great time travelling together.

Personally, I can't understand the reaction your post has evoked.

As someone who enjoys travelling and spending time in the bush, I choose the people that I go with. Generally they are like minded, have things in common with me and my family and share the same love for the bush that I have. While I like to meet new people, I like many others will always gravitate to those who share common interests.

I have previously seen on this site posts requesting travel companions. Not once can I remember them evoking the response you have received. I can't believe that adding the word "Thai" instead of female, male, single or married couple wanted for travel companion has offended or outraged.

I understand your sentiments and reasons for your request. I think it is great that you and your wives want to get together to explore this great country. Two like minded couples seeking each other's company. All the best on your travels.

Cheers

Anthony
FollowupID: 863512

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Friday, Jan 15, 2016 at 15:45

Friday, Jan 15, 2016 at 15:45
Wot he said. Stephen and John, I hope you meet up with some similar couples and ignore ignorant people who can't mind their own business.

You know, I lived overseas and generally met up with Australians, as well as Chinese and Japanese people. I now have many expatriate Australian, Chinese and Japanese friends. Great people, and experiences.

I think your idea of couples travelling is a great way to help your wife settle in and I wish you both the best.

Danna obviously has no social skills here, so probably had less overseas, hence his bitterness.
FollowupID: 863570

Follow Up By: Danna - Friday, Jan 15, 2016 at 16:32

Friday, Jan 15, 2016 at 16:32
Boobook

Danna obviously has no social skills here, so probably had less overseas, hence his bitterness.

You know nothing about me and who are you to insult me any way?
FollowupID: 863572

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Friday, Jan 15, 2016 at 17:51

Friday, Jan 15, 2016 at 17:51
It's great to see you have a sensitive side. You are right, I didn't see that.
FollowupID: 863573

Follow Up By: Danna - Friday, Jan 15, 2016 at 19:25

Friday, Jan 15, 2016 at 19:25
Boobook
you must be a very simple person if it makes you happy to insult people.
FollowupID: 863578

Follow Up By: ModSquad - Friday, Jan 15, 2016 at 19:35

Friday, Jan 15, 2016 at 19:35
Hi

Please ..no more banter.

Cheers
The ModSquad
Moderation is just rules

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 863579

Reply By: Member - mark D18 - Friday, Jan 15, 2016 at 10:15

Friday, Jan 15, 2016 at 10:15
Danna
I can see where Stephen is coming from.
He just wants to make it more pleasant for his wife.
Nothing sinister from what I can see.

Cheers
AnswerID: 594945

Sponsored Links