Ultimate camper envy and storage question

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 14, 2016 at 21:19
ThreadID: 131360 Views:3379 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Ok, up front, I have ultimate camper envy.
I HOPE to buy a used version ,but nothing is certain. My question is, storage inside the camper is limited and as someone who likes to spread out a bit, and be disorganised a bit, is it really difficult to sort out the interior ( ie clothes bags, nicknacks , ( small tv just stupid ? ) etc ? I need a good answer for my wife who knows how disorganised I can be !
( Just love the look of them ! )
Thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Roachie Silverado - Friday, Jan 15, 2016 at 06:05

Friday, Jan 15, 2016 at 06:05
We've had ours since 1999 and travelled extensively with our 3 kids for the first 13 years of that period. We never really found we had a lack of storage....BUT...we were usually well-organised.

There is storage under the lounge cushions where we keep sauspans, bulk food (flour, sugar, coffee etc) as well as up to 20x 1 litre long life milk cartons etc. We also stored our spare bed linen under there.

However, clothes for all 5 of us were kept in duffle bags which were stored in the HUGE boot, where we also stored the kids tent (hangs underneath the main bed/lid) and other sundry gear such as buckets, gerry cans, tent poles etc.

Inside there are also 5 drawers and a decent size pantry.

All-in-all we never had any problems with storage and have really loved getting away in our Ulti'.

However, it is time to move on (I'm getting too old) and we'll be selling ours quite soon.

In fact I've been going to advertise it "as is" for $22,000- and save myself the exercise of taking it back over to Moruya (factory) to have some TLC lavished on the black coating and underbody. That exercise would be going to set me back around $3,000-, so I'd then be asking $25,000- for it.

If you're interested, give me a call on 0414 890 148

Cheers,

Bill Roach
AnswerID: 594927

Follow Up By: Member - backtracks - Friday, Jan 15, 2016 at 09:24

Friday, Jan 15, 2016 at 09:24
Thanks Bill, that sounds tempting !
FollowupID: 863523

Reply By: Sigmund - Friday, Jan 15, 2016 at 10:35

Friday, Jan 15, 2016 at 10:35
Why not hire one and see how it works out?

As for storage, stuff expands to fill the space available. No matter how much you've got, at some point hard decisions (or changed habits!) are needed.

Good luck. I hear the Nautilus is good at water crossings.
AnswerID: 594951

Sponsored Links