RACQ Roadside service bouquets.

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 17, 2016 at 11:52
ThreadID: 131621 Views:2515 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
My Daughters Mitsubishi wouldn't start,
figuring it was a starter motor rang RACQ who came out within 1/2 hour He confirmed that it was the starter motor. Suggested their roadside replacement service. Thinking that would be over the top price wise let Him quote anyway. Quoted $392.00 to fit & replace with Genuine quality with 2 year warranty.
I figured that I wouldn't be able to get much better with a lot of *tuffing around. The car was fixed & on the way in under 3 hours from the time of the first call.
To satisfy my curiosity have since checked around best price for "after market" $392.52.supply only. There are probably better deals around but think that as a " Service" that would be hard to beat.
Mike.
Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: CSeaJay - Wednesday, Feb 17, 2016 at 14:07

Wednesday, Feb 17, 2016 at 14:07
Michael
Thanks for Sharing, a good news story indeed
CJ
AnswerID: 596317

Reply By: Member - eighty matey - Wednesday, Feb 17, 2016 at 22:33

Wednesday, Feb 17, 2016 at 22:33
We're members of the NRMA.
It doesn't matter where we travel in Australia if we need roadside assistance we get excellent service.
We always make sure we pay for the top cover because whatever we pay in the future we are in front now.
On top of that, we have always been treated with respect and they all seem to care that we get back on the road safely.

Steve
AnswerID: 596343

Follow Up By: OBJ - Friday, Feb 19, 2016 at 08:52

Friday, Feb 19, 2016 at 08:52
Agree totally. I had an alternator fail just out of Cobar on a Friday night and the NRMA bloke there (Cec) followed me back to the Caravan park, sourced a new one in Dubbo and rang around the found a truckie coming through Dubbo who he arranged to pick it up for me when he came through on the Saturday afternoon. Cec came and fitted it Sunday morning for me. When I later checked the price it was about the same as if I had had the job done at home.
OBJ
FollowupID: 865272

Follow Up By: Member - eighty matey - Friday, Feb 19, 2016 at 23:11

Friday, Feb 19, 2016 at 23:11
That made me remember an RACQ bloke at Rolleston years ago that organised a tyre for our camper trailer on a Saturday afternoon in Springsure on race day.
We had to do some driving but we kept moving and caught up with friends at Emerald that night.

Can't fault all of our auto clubs.

Steve
FollowupID: 865294

Sponsored Links