Downloading Places for Hema HN6

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 30, 2016 at 16:23
ThreadID: 131972 Views:1753 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Once I download a Place (ie: Carawine Gorge) & unzip the file where or how do I upload this to my Hema HN6? I am not having trouble uploading the Trek files to the GPS just the Place files.
Smanion

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Wednesday, Mar 30, 2016 at 16:55

Wednesday, Mar 30, 2016 at 16:55
Hello

"Place files" are waypoints (*.wpt if you chose "OziExplorer" download option) so place them in the folder where you keep your waypoints. This can be any where of your choosing (you can change Data folder location in File > Configuration > Map_Data Files).

I am not 100% sure what the default location is on a Hema 6 but likely to be on SD card under OziExplorer/Data...so if you haven't changed anything place your waypoints in the Data folder.

Just make sure the folder location matches what is set in configuration - that is all that matters.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 597973

Follow Up By: Member - Sheryl M - Wednesday, Mar 30, 2016 at 17:59

Wednesday, Mar 30, 2016 at 17:59
Thank you for your reply. The file, when downloaded looks like an Adobe Reader file and doesn't have the .wpt file extension is this normal?

If I click on Properties it shows Type of File: hema (.wpt)
Opens with: Adobe Reader

regards
Sheryl
Smanion

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 867068

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Wednesday, Mar 30, 2016 at 19:07

Wednesday, Mar 30, 2016 at 19:07
Hi

Looks like you have *.wpt files "associated" with Adobe Reader. This is a Windows thing where you can associated files with certain programs and then when you click on the file the program will open and the file will be loaded automatically.

In this case it is the wrong association...the file wont open in Adobe. You can remove this association or just ignore it as it doesn't matter.

It is the correct file (an OziExplorer waypoint file as indicated by the *.wpt extension) - just place it on the Hema 6 in the data file and open it through OziExplorerCE on Hema (i.e. File >Waypoints > Import Wp's from File).

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 867075

Sponsored Links