Message to Moderation Team

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 17, 2016 at 14:37
ThreadID: 132151 Views:3123 Replies:7 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
This Thread has been Locked
-
Hi Chaps,

I seem to have a problem in communicating to you via the "Moderator" menu at the bottom of a Forum Initial Post. I have submitted several in the past and no action or response has transpired from you. I have assumed that you did not consider the submissions valid.

The most recent was to Thread 132121 by Peter H41 re "Unbelivably useful camping item".
Very soon after the initial post appeared I submitted a Moderator Alert re self-promotion but no action occurred then nor any communication to me.
I see now, via email copy of the Follow-up to Boobook, that you did indeed respond to him as "Boobook - you seem to have flushed out the rabbit ;) Thanks"

It seems possible that the "Moderator" link is not working from my computer, an iMac running Safari. Would you care to respond to me via my registered email address?
Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John - Sunday, Apr 17, 2016 at 15:02

Sunday, Apr 17, 2016 at 15:02
Allan, interested in the response to this as I did the same for the same post and like you, no reply or acknowledgment. John
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 598772

Follow Up By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Sunday, Apr 17, 2016 at 15:14

Sunday, Apr 17, 2016 at 15:14
Have you ever had a response to a Moderator Alert John?
Cheers
Allan

FollowupID: 867934

Reply By: Member - John - Sunday, Apr 17, 2016 at 15:15

Sunday, Apr 17, 2016 at 15:15
Allan, yes I have in the past. John
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 598773

Reply By: MUZBRY- Life member(Vic) - Sunday, Apr 17, 2016 at 16:04

Sunday, Apr 17, 2016 at 16:04
Gday Allan
I have had responses from the moderators in the past, most often they just moderate me off.
Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 598776

Reply By: 9900Eagle - Sunday, Apr 17, 2016 at 18:12

Sunday, Apr 17, 2016 at 18:12
Allan, try refreshing safari that may work. i have had problems with other things before.

Top of browser Safari, Reset safari.
AnswerID: 598781

Reply By: Ron N - Sunday, Apr 17, 2016 at 19:44

Sunday, Apr 17, 2016 at 19:44
Allan - I, too sent off a report to the Moderator, stating that I was of the opinion that PeterH41's post was spam - as it did turn out to be - despite his protestations.

However, I didn't receive any reply, either. In the past, I have.
Perhaps it's a new policy to reduce operating costs, as any Moderator would probably have to answer a lot of "report" emails - and most really don't need a reply.

I use Windows 7 with Chrome on a desktop, or laptop, as my site access.

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 598783

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Sunday, Apr 17, 2016 at 21:57

Sunday, Apr 17, 2016 at 21:57
Hi Allan

Like you, I use a Mac and Safari. There was an issue recently when there were 2 spam posts and I contacted the moderators vis the report button, and never received any reply, but the 2 posts were removed after .

I had an issue in places, reported the issue, and received a reply from Michelle.

So from what I can see, the moderators may act, but do not get back to you. Seeing that Michelle replied to me with the places issue, I know it is not a Mac issue, but an issue with the moderators not getting back to you.

Just my personal experience.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 598785

Reply By: ModSquad - Sunday, Apr 17, 2016 at 22:21

Sunday, Apr 17, 2016 at 22:21
Thanks Al, not a single notification from you in the moderators tool box. Maybe something in the system at Davids end, or yours.

Forum policy and operations is for the forum to be self moderating ie; members do the notifications. You all know if someones playing up in the sand-pit and will notify pretty quickly. There simply aen't enough of us, to read everything so that was why the moderation policy was formulated to be self moderating.

Contrary to popular belief, we don't sit in front of our computer 24/7 waiting for a transgression or a notification.We'll pick them up and assess and act accordingly. Sometimes this will be pretty straight forward (reason for transgression is clear cut), sometimes it's not. In most cases, if a post is moderated, we will send an email to the postee on top of the self generated email. On occasion we'll send an email to the notifying person. What you're probably failing to realise is that if you've seen it and notified, so have numerous others. Given we all lead busy lives, we figure that visible modding of the post, or not, is sufficient notification that your notification has been received, the contents assessed and an appropriate course of action taken. If the post is deemed not to have transgressed, or bears watching, we may from time to time flick back a quick response indicating that we are on the case.

Being a diverse membership you would be surprised at what some people take umbrage with. While a topic or response may cause an individual concern, it would not be sufficient to warrant moderation. In many of these cases we don't respond as experience tells us that you cannot possibly please all of the people all of the time. If it's borderline then it's the topic of discussion amongst those of us who are on-line and a decision made by consensus.

As you can probably tell by the late response, most of us are enjoying the weekend and leading busy lives with family and friends. Just because you don't get a response doesn't mean we don't value your contribution or notifications. Quite the contrary, the forum needs them so keep up the good work.

There have been the occasional bugs in the notification system so we will flick David an email and see how we go.

Good night to all.

Moderation is just rules

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 598786

Sponsored Links