Gatherings

Submitted: Thursday, Sep 01, 2016 at 14:01
ThreadID: 133356 Views:3891 Replies:3 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Gday
I have just noticed the Trips and gatherings at the moment are very sparce, three registerd at the moment , two coffee club and one Pyrenees gathering. What is happening are we all stuck at home on our own , come on , get out with other members and have some fun. Dont forget to take others with you.
Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: GarryR - Thursday, Sep 01, 2016 at 16:31

Thursday, Sep 01, 2016 at 16:31
Don't worry Muzza. I'm grounded at home awaiting for a call from my daughter to get her to hospital for her first bub, just in case her beloved gets delayed on a service job. Any minute now. 15mins to get to her and 20mins to the hospital. yep another one to add to the list as my son has 2 and lives in Batemans Bay NSW.
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 604026

Follow Up By: MUZBRY- Life member(Vic) - Thursday, Sep 01, 2016 at 20:24

Thursday, Sep 01, 2016 at 20:24
Good luck Garry with the job
I have five and do a school run most days of the week. Time off at the moment as they are in Bali.
Muzbry

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 873699

Follow Up By: GarryR - Friday, Sep 02, 2016 at 06:34

Friday, Sep 02, 2016 at 06:34
Thanks Muzza, the daughter is going back to work early so Judy and I will be babysitting for a while. Bottle feed, changing shitty nappies no problems for me, as long as I can handball the baby back at the end of the day
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 873710

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Friday, Sep 02, 2016 at 08:07

Friday, Sep 02, 2016 at 08:07
Might be an interesting gathering next year for the "Trans Australian Railway Line Centenary" joining or opening at Ooldea at -30.46966, 131.78966. Boobook has a post about it. See: 133362. A bit further than the local cafe but it's another excuse for a good long drive. Not that we all need an excuse.

Once upon a time, grandparents could say, jokingly "you can give them back", when nappies needed changing etc. Seems like things have changed. It's the sons and daughters that can say it now. Our grand kids are all growing up and babysit themselves now.

Phil
FollowupID: 873711

Reply By: pop2jocem - Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 07:03

Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 07:03
Just as an aside, how many on here belong to more formal groups such as caravan or 4WD clubs, and how many like the independence of travelling alone or with just one or two other vehicles so not tied to any particular set time table?
Personally I gave up on 4WD clubs many years ago. Maybe I just picked the wrong clubs or maybe I am just a bad tempered, unsociable, stubborn, independent old fart. Never tried a caravan club. Could be for the same reasons. LOL.

Cheers
Pop
AnswerID: 604065

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 07:54

Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 07:54
We belong to an excellent club, (Southern Tablelands 4WD Club) but we also like the freedom of travelling alone. We do at least one large trip, with the club, each year. But at other times we want the freedom to change our route and go somewhere else or just stay where we are for a while.

It can also be a bit of an adrenaline rush when you are alone and at the start of a difficult track. Not extreme - gave them up decades back. Tracks where you really have to stop and take stock of your ego, the equipment/kit you have, the tracks condition, the car's maintenance/condition. Everything because there isn't anyone to help. Like at the start of the 16kms Balfour track which is mainly a series of long deep water crossings through swampy areas. The heart fired when we entered the first long deep crossing!!!! Cross country solo with no tracks in the Simpson was "interesting".

We don't mind the clubs, but it has to be to your style and liking. Happy hours (and longer) around a fire with a bunch of happy, cheerful and entertaining frllow travellers is a treasure to remember. We like the solo challenges. Just love the bush. And being camped up next to a fire either, with your wife/partner/best friend or on your own with the stars overhead, a dingo in the distance and some small creatures rusting around in the grass, can't be beaten.

Phil
FollowupID: 873737

Follow Up By: Michael H9 - Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 08:03

Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 08:03
I'm a member of two 4wd clubs. I like the driver training days and the occasional day trip. For longer trips I prefer to go alone. I'm quite friendly but also antisocial. :-)

FollowupID: 873738

Follow Up By: MUZBRY- Life member(Vic) - Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 20:33

Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 20:33
Gday
So am i Michael, but i am trying . Hence we have a coffee club and a trip away weekend after the grand final.
Muzbry

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 873758

Reply By: Member -Toonfish - Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 21:41

Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 21:41
Very true muz
We havent been on much of late as we are back in Victoria and in between 4wds again.
Will be at pyrenees though
2013/14 around oz adventure bound

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 604113

Sponsored Links