Pyrenees gathering

Submitted: Monday, Nov 07, 2016 at 16:33
ThreadID: 133730 Views:2594 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Well what a great weekend, heaps of people and at least three new families. We had a great drive , over the hills to a winery? and back. Our longest serving Non member Wes, almost scratched the paint on his roof, but with Terry to the rescue all turned out well.
Back to camp and the dinner was put on the rotisserie , meat and meat with corn and potatoes on the spit and peas and gravy and ice cream and cheese cake. we dont get fed like that at home.
Raffles , and a great quizz that stumped most of us . The best score of 13 out of 20 . All seemed to get a present or two, I have a new book and a DVD to watch. Glow sticks and sparklers were the theme for the night standing around the fire as the people in the south pole tried there best to freeze us all.
Real good Bonz, Thanks...
Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Paul B1 (VIC) - Monday, Nov 07, 2016 at 20:18

Monday, Nov 07, 2016 at 20:18
This weekend has made a huge impression on my two youngest, Lainey and Bug (Xxavier). Nicki, I and Josh had a great time, felt so welcome and met a lot of people I would like to catch up with again. thanks to all the members who organised this event, my kids have not stopped talking about it

Special thanks to Jeff who had a Lainey attachment for a lot of the time and Skyla and Terry who filled in when Jeff was hiding.

I really look forward to meeting all of you again it was a such wonderful experience

Thanks Bonz you did a Stirling job
PB

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 605725

Reply By: Member - Murray R (VIC) - Monday, Nov 07, 2016 at 20:44

Monday, Nov 07, 2016 at 20:44
Yes another great weekend, good to catch up with old friends and some from years back plus new people. Once again Bonz and co done it again making sure everyones weekend was another one not to forget.

Murray
Another Mexican

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 605727

Reply By: The Original JohnR (Vic) - Monday, Nov 07, 2016 at 21:27

Monday, Nov 07, 2016 at 21:27
Yes, it was fun. Such is the popularity of the site, the Glenpatrick Recreation Reserve Committee is in process of expanding the shelter. Since we started supporting them they have cleared dangerous trees and increased the toilet water capacity. Local identity Colin offers some history walks that people love if they don't go driving.

Once again we have some quite young drivers with L plates taking part. It seems that is the seasoned travellers that don't follow the suggested tyre pressures are the ones nearly finding trouble.

Thank you to ExplorOz for donating prizes for raffles. No doubt Bonz can organise a chook raffle as he presented a total of $800 from the EO crowd to the Committee. I willhave a look at a little video I took of the long dinner with 51 present
AnswerID: 605730

Reply By: Robin Miller - Tuesday, Nov 15, 2016 at 16:22

Tuesday, Nov 15, 2016 at 16:22
My thanks to everyone as well.

Back on site after a busy week , but Muz is not getting away with not telling about the hill he had a problem with trying to follow Wes.

Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 605913

Follow Up By: Life Member - Terry 80FTE - Tuesday, Nov 15, 2016 at 23:18

Tuesday, Nov 15, 2016 at 23:18
Yeah! it was another great weekend away, thanks to Bonz and the team.

Justify Your Existence
VKS 737 mobile 2458

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 875709

Sponsored Links