contact details of some of the nullabor truck stops

Submitted: Thursday, Nov 24, 2016 at 20:41
ThreadID: 133827 Views:3074 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, further to recent trip fuel prices post, didnt collect all of them : (not in particular order)
Madura pass oasis motel Ph 08 9039 3464 maduraoasis@bigpond.com

wedgetail inn cocklebiddy 08 90393462 cocklebiddy@bigpond.com

Eucla spirit of the desert 08 90393 468 euclamotel@bigpond.com

caiguna roadhouse 08 9039 3459 caigunarh@bigpond.com

mundrabilla roadhouse 08 9039 3465mundrabilla@internetstat .com.au.

as of Aug 2016.
MG inactive member.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Nov 25, 2016 at 13:16

Friday, Nov 25, 2016 at 13:16
Hi Mike, this information is best posted into the specific pages in Places which (hopefully) exists for all these. If not, they can be created on this website by clicking the Add New Place button on the Places home page and entering the lat/long details (or press/hold the position on the map in the ExplorOz Traveller app). The underlined ones in your post = yes they exist in Places AND have a photo. The ones not underlined, may still have a Place page but don't have a photo - so if you have photos and these contacts to share with others please do so there.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 606206

Follow Up By: mike g2 - Friday, Nov 25, 2016 at 14:32

Friday, Nov 25, 2016 at 14:32
thanks michelle, fair point to refine the post to places, but as an ex member visitor i would be limited to what i could do and secondly unfortunately didnt do photos and gps co-ords for these spots ( some may pre exist in your system).
They are in fixed positions on the E-W highway and I beleieve they are known to all who travel across nullabor, further info on them is obtainable from Inet currently.
Thanks,
MG.
FollowupID: 875919

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Nov 28, 2016 at 16:14

Monday, Nov 28, 2016 at 16:14
Hi Mike,
Thanks for your reply. I just wanted to clarify however that there is no restriction to Visitors in using Places to add information - that would be silly! :)

Here are the links to these roadhouses that have been listed in ExplorOz Places for many years - it would just be great to have people post their fuel price updates directly into these pages as Comments for the ease of other travellers being able to easily view that info when they are on the road - as of course, travellers have access to the full Places database and comments via the ExplorOz Traveller app (for iOS and Android) - even when offline.

Madura Roadhouse

Caiguna Roadhouse

Mundrabilla Roadhouse

Eucla Roadhouse

Cocklebiddy Roadhouse
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 875995

Follow Up By: Member - Rod N (QLD) - Tuesday, Nov 29, 2016 at 06:33

Tuesday, Nov 29, 2016 at 06:33
G'day Michelle, great idea and great web site. However some of the comments left in Places etc are so old (some more than 5 years) that they are no longer relevant and are just clutter. Is there anyway that comments can be removed to 'de-clutter' an otherwise good resource? Maybe a readers alert system so 'you' can remove them?
FollowupID: 876016

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Nov 29, 2016 at 12:16

Tuesday, Nov 29, 2016 at 12:16
Hi Rod, well yes I guess with a database of over 85,000 Places there will be some that will only get the odd comment.

There is already an Alert Admin button on all Places and these are actioned daily. We get a lot of information through that system.

In the last few months since the ExplorOz Traveller app has been available there has been a big increase in Place comments being posted by app users and site users in general.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 876022

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Monday, Nov 28, 2016 at 22:50

Monday, Nov 28, 2016 at 22:50
Mike, why attempt to reinvent the wheel? All your required info is here.
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 606284

Sponsored Links